Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Multidimensional ArrayList in Java

Software Development

Old 01-02-2011

Multidimensional ArrayList in Java

Hello,

I have an assignment and I need to use multidimensional ArrayList. I am not that familiar with ArrayList. I don't know how to set it up. I have to put values input by the user.

This is what i did so far:-

ArrayList <ArrayList <ArrayList <ArrayList <String>>>> items = new ArrayList <ArrayList <ArrayList <ArrayList <String>>>>();

System.out.println("Enter the item name you want to add in the trunk(without spaces): ");
String itemName = input.next();

System.out.println("Enter the item dimensions(in cubic feet, less than trunk's capacity i.e. " + trunkCapacity + "): ");
double itemDimensions = input.nextDouble();

System.out.println("Enter the weight of the item(in lbs, less than trunk's max maxx i.e. " + maxMass + "): ");
double itemMass = input.nextDouble();
items.add(itemName).add(itemDimensions).add(itemMass);

Can someone help me? Please

Thanks
Navp

Old 05-02-2011

Re: Multidimensional ArrayList in Java

If you are good in C# then actually in C# u can make a dynamic multidimentional array with the following expression:

List<List<T>> matrix = new List<List<T>>(); T: is of any type

With that uyou save any time any amount of data.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,