Thread: CLI Specification feature in .NET framework

CLI Specification feature in .NET framework

I have been learning the programming language for a long time and and in which C # and Java were the most prominent language , but right now I have got some doubt regarding the new features being included in the C# language . There are some universal characteristics in the .NET framework , such as common language the most significant among those , but I just wanted to inquire about the new feature being included in this language , can anyone please elaborate regarding that , I will appreciate your assistance .

Re: CLI Specification feature in .NET framework

This International Standard describes the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) in which programs written in numerous high-level languages can be run in diverse system environments without the requirement to rephrase those applications to take into consideration the exclusive characteristics of those environments. This International Standard consists is divided into different partitions .

Concepts and Architecture – Defines the in general architecture of the CLI, and renders the normative explanation of the Common Type System (CTS), the Virtual Execution System or you can call it n the short form as VES, and the Common Language Specification also referred with the name CLS. It also offers an instructive explanation of the metadata. Metadata Definition and Semantics – gives the normative explanation of the metadata: its physical design (as a file format), its logical contents (as a collection of tables and their relationships), and its rules (as seen from a imaginary assembler.

There was one more added feature in it with the name Generic type as far as My knowledge is concerned , So to create a Generic type we require something which neither of value type nor a reference type . In .net we have the root type Object (also called as System.Object) is particular in that it is as I mentioned just now neither a reference type nor a value type, and you may not create an object of it.