Thread: Creating a splash screen in Visual Basic

Creating a splash screen in Visual Basic

Hello friends I am a newbie in programming language , in my first year I learned a bit about the C language and then in the second semester I learned a bit about the object oriented language , I was comfortable with Java like language , but when it came to drag and drop features , Microsoft’s Visual Basic was most ahead in it , in the last we were being taught about the splash screen creation , but due to some reasons I missed those sessions , so I am seeking you people’s aid to help me in this topic , I hope you will reply in bulk.

Re: Creating a splash screen in Visual Basic

The concept behind the splash screen is to bring in the user to the application by displaying a form with possibly a logo or colorful graphic. The splash screen must display for a hardly any seconds and then automatically change to the application's main screen with no interference from the user. The splash screen in the Visual will display with an image that will actually explain the type of application the designer has actually design.

Splash screens are frequently used to show information to a user as an application is loading. Visual Basic renders a already configured Splash Screen form template that user can adjoin to his Windows Application project, and a Splash Screen property in the Project Designer that permits you to state a splash screen for your project. This splash screens are very useful in large projects as the increase the flexibility .

If you want to add a splash screen template in your project follow the given steps :
    • Choose a project in Solution Explorer>> Project menu>> Add New Item.
    • In the Add New Item dialog box>> Splash Screen template>> Add. The step will ad the template in your project.

If you want to to specify a splash screen in your project follow the given steps :

• Choose a project in Solution Explorer >> Project menu>> Properties.
    • Then after that click the Application tab.
    • Below the Windows application framework properties, there will be a Splash screen: list, click the form that you wish to make use of as a splash screen.