Thread: Need an automated script that can peform multiple test after boot

Need an automated script that can peform multiple test after boot

Hello this is my first post!

I'm trying to start up a little home business fixing computer problems for the locals. I have a large collection of programs and boot isos and stuff that work excellent on their own.
    What I would like to do is to create an automated script/program/etc that can boot into the hardware testing isos and test hardware then go to antivirus etc etc. and then restart the computer and boot into the programs I have for uninstalling/cleaning/troubleshooting and automatically scan so that I can do other things then when I get back all the monotonous stuff is done.
    I was wondering if this is possible... I've played with some of the grub bootloaders and that stuff so booting the isos is not the problem. To sum it up I'd like an automation tool or to be pointed to a scripting language that would be able to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place

Also, another side project that relates to this is making an all in one installer for when I wipe my personal computers (can also apply to customer computers I guess) so that the anti-virus, firewall, all my programs really will install themselves all at once with customized settings.
    This isn't the main focus though

Re: Need an automated script that can peform multiple test after boot

The same is possible. You can create image file of fully loaded operating systems with tools like Norton Ghost and then just in few clicks restore them on your client system. But the only limitation for this is that due to different hardware configuration the cd does not works in many of system. It just need the same hardware on which it is created. Second thing there are some live boot disk like ubcd, which can let you to use multiple features on boot. I used Norton Ghost disk a lot on systems. I created a ghost disk for my each client and when they have issue I just reload the same.