Thread: C sharp v/s C plus plus

C sharp v/s C plus plus

Well I am in the first year of my Bsc IT course , although I am doing the . NET course parallely, I began with the procedural C language first , then I stepped into the Object oriented , the C++ language came into picture , as I have gone through my whole 3 year curriculum , I am going to learn the C# language as well , but I do not know the exact difference between those two , can anyone help me on this.

Re: C sharp v/s C plus plus

I have been taking a initial look at C# a little while ago, since I wanted to be familiar with if it is worth looking into, and since I am thinking about polish up my standard on Parallel coding here at the university with a modest language diversification. I have taught it using POSIX Threads before, but since everyone and even their predecessor seems to use Java or C# these days, throwing in 2 examples in these languages will not have much impact on . And apart from that I was a bit inquisitive .

Well I can say a clear difference in both the language . it lies in the pointers , C # does not support the concept of pointers , even if it does it is type safe, it implies that even if you create any pointer in the # it will satisfy all the rules of type safety , but C++ codes are not type safe and provides and implementation of pointers, instead in C++ the delegates are used to point to a method.

Yes there other differences as well C# , you can refer to the following points ,

• In C# value types and reference types subsist (struct is value-type, class is reference-type)
    • value types lie or store on the stack, reference types are stored on the heap
    • references can point to null (must not be applicable)
    • code is wrapped up in assemblies in C#
    • no automatic type conversionconversion from int to bool in C#
    • main-function is referred Main in C#
    • there does not exist any semicolon after a class is being declared declaration in C#
    • everything inherits from object or can be considered .