Thread: Object Controls in Visual basic

Object Controls in Visual basic

Hello my friends , I am trying to learn a bit of programming and have learned the base language of all language known as C language, but this era is the era of object oriented approach , and I am interested in learning and designing the GUI and then code them accordingly , so I decided to learn the Visial basic language , I know a bit about it that it is a >NET framework based language and is the language supported by Visual Studio of Microsoft ,so can you explain a bit about the controls present in it , I do not want in depth but a just brief description will do.

Re: Object Controls in Visual basic

A control is an object that can be dragged and dropped on to the Form to facilitate or develop user interaction with the forms . Examples of these control, are TextBoxes, Labels, Buttons, , Radio Buttons Labels, , etc. All the listed Windows Controls are formed or have the basis of the Control class, the parent class for all controls. Visual Basic permits us to work with controls in two methods: at during designing and at while running the program .

Working with controls during you design the code or develop it implies, controls are noticeable to us and we can make use of them by dragging and dropping , they can be dragged and dropped them from the Toolbox and assigning their properties . You can assign the property of any control from a window called as properties window. Working at runtime implies , controls are not noticeable at the same time as designing, are formed and assigned properties in code and are noticeable only when the program is executed. There are a lot of new controls adjoined in Visual Basic .NET nd we will be working with some of the most popular controls in this section. You can pick the controls from the list of options towards the left-hand side

Notable properties of the majority of these Windows Controls that have the basis of the Control class itself are recapitulated in the table below. You can all the time locate the properties of the control with which you are implementing in your programming with the help of pressing F4 on the keyboard or by choosing View->Properties Window from the main menu.

To shift focus from one control to further promptly using the keyboard we can make use of the Tab key. We can assign the array in which the focus is relocated by setting the tab order. The tab order is the arrangement in which controls on the form obtain the focus and is mentioned by a property called as the TabIndex property. To modify the order in which a control obtains focus we require to set the TabIndex property to diverse value for every control on the form.