Thread: How to develop sample application in meego IVI

How to develop sample application in meego IVI

I am paying attention regarding Meego IVI and I would like to expand immediately a sample application, but I do not understand how it functions to build up. I look for the IVI aim in the Meego SDK but it does not survive there is only the netbook and the handset, so I attempted to expand an application on QTcreator along with the netbook target and to run it on the Meego IVI runtime, and recently after that it work pretty fine along with a simple application but I do not acquainted with if it's the good way. I am certain that along with a supplementary complex application it will be the crash. It's why were you provide me a number of recommendation on how to build up appropriately on this platform? Is there a documentation where the components for IVI are explained like for NetBook and handset?

Re: How to develop sample application in meego IVI

I have not seen a method to imitate IVI yet. From a hunt of the wiki, you are only really capable to do it with a image and hardware able of running IVI. On the other hand, one more user claims that when you followed the instructions to obtain the nand image, it was not obtainable on the site any longer. I would advise following this progress and seeing if you are able to locate a solution then it will be great for me. And for the more information you will get regarding this on to the Wikipedia website. So from there also you can take the advantage for this.

Thanks for your answer my friend. But after reading this on the website I really do not understand where the workstation with this answer. I thought to build an image like this one only to run my process and debugging the platform at runtime, but my main difficulty is actually is that I am looking for a compilation environment tools for my individual desktop. It is probable along with NetBook and Handset target, there is a specific qmake for each one but I do not locate how to do for IVI.Or maybe that the expansion straight on the platform is the only way, isn't it?

The same thing I also want to explain you that there is not anything obtainable that emulates the IVI yet, so there is no method to build up/debug on the IVI UX. The majority folks I believe are making use of QT creator along with the handset imitated in QEMU or Xephyr. This is for the reason that you are able to make use of all of the usual QT libraries and such and still have support for touch screen (which IVI will have).In anticipation of this that release specific IVI development tools, this is what you are going to have to do.

The nand image was detached from the site for the reason that mic2 allow for creation of the image as I talked about previous in this. They are functioning on posting the guide in the wiki on how to do it at the present.I am not an expert on mic, but it seems like you are attempting to generate a Moorestown image. The Moorestown is not an ARM instruction set, so this would be at least one difficulty. If you are not able to figure it out, I would say presently be patient and sit tight for a small number of day. They claim they are writing the wiki article as we speak. However, the mail message claims it is possible so there has to be a way. Check the mic2 manual?