Thread: Java applications on maemo

Java applications on maemo

I am quite aware about the number of applications being developed in Java on various platforms , for example applications developed using java on Android platforms . Large gaming companies develop many games and use the java programming language to develop those games . Java has ported its virtual machines for ARM processors. So my question is that if Java is embedded for phones like N800 , are here any application made for N900 developed in Java , and if not when is Java going to port on N900 , please comment on my question, if anyone has got any knowledge on this subject.

Re: Java applications on maemo

Java Platform,and one of its SE or you can say as the Standard Edition enables you develop and implement applications that are based on java platforms on desktops and servers, along with today's demanding Embedded and Real-Time platforms .Sun renders Java SE for Embedded products in both dual and source assistance under an inventive licensing representation. Development is without charge, but required are required upon implementation on other than universal purpose systems. Platforms accessible for embedded utilization contain not only usual Java SE environments but also platforms that are special for the embedded market. In all scenarios, the products presented are completely Java SE based -- which allows you to reutilize any Java code from.

When you purchase an n900 and seize it out of the box and turn it on, if ayou attempt to run any sort of java application on it , it is not going to work as you will not find or locate any sort of application in maemo select or extras to make them function . I know there no authorized support for Java, or JavaME/CDC today. This is a error from Nokia I think, every Java developer I is thinking to choose to Android as there do not lie any area of expertise for them .

Both OpenJDK and Sun's embedded JRE function efficiently on N810. I have only attempted OpenJDK in chroot, but Sun's embedded JRE functions well on Maemo.They both comprise Swing and for the most component software just functions.Performance on N810 is nothing special (though logical so long as the program does not take too much of the memory), but I am convinced on the N900 Java will do excellent.

Unluckily, if it is not possible to code applications with JREs, they are intended to be place things rather than normal application environment platforms. In my opinion, I think it's a disgraceI asked a lot of people about these and they say "Other platforms" such as Android, or webOS and iPhone] have single development platform. Nokia have two which are tactical - Web Runtime and Qt. That's by now more complex than the other platforms both in provisions of introducing developers to the platform and and maintaining the application in that platform .