Thread: Logwatch not working properly

Logwatch not working properly

I struggle for days with a Logwatch problem. Among the details: OS: CentOS 5.5, logwatch Version: 7.3.6.

Code:
    logwatch - service sshd - range yesterday
    The above email address is of course fake. I got the following error messages:
    print () on unopened filehandle OUTFILE at / usr / sbin / logwatch line 1295
    print () on unopened filehandle OUTFILE at / usr / sbin / logwatch line 1296
    print () on unopened filehandle OUTFILE at / usr / sbin / logwatch line 1298
    print () on unopened filehandle OUTFILE at / usr / sbin / logwatch line 1,301
    I compared the file with the original file from logwatch-Project and can find no error. I would be grateful for any tip. :

Re: Logwatch not working properly

I'm not sure how strict perl handles validity range, but the script OUTFILE shall, within the functions init print, and I suspect that it is thus to a print outside of init not known. I had thought that 'use strict' warns against non-declared variables, but that does not seem to be the case with you. If it is not lying on the validity range, then probably that, in the whole if-clauses in init print the combination of options that allow you to call the script, and so is not covered with OUTFILE has not just opened.

Thank you for your tips! I have now tested the following times: from a second server running logwatch Version 7.3 is intact, I copied the directory and re-tested the Shell call, and he brought here, the same error messages. A syntax check with the option:
    Code:
    # / Usr / bin / perl-c
    logwatch.pl the script did nothing. The fault seems to lie at the Perl interpreter. Please tell me if anyone knows about it.

Then try but sometimes, the script of the problem on the server where it runs out. Maybe there are differences in the script (yes you can with 'diff' study without being forced to execute the script). My friend was also having the similar issue. The host where it works, has installed centos 5.5 x86_64, Perl 5.8.8 with Logwatch 7.3, the problem host has installed centos 5.5 i386, Perl 5.8.8 and 7.3.6 Logwatch. Those two are up on the same architecture. I've also the CPAN module perl (Date:: Manip) perl (Exporter), perl (File:: Temp) perl (Getopt:: Long) reviewed and perl (Date:: Manip) updated (was an old version). It was of nothing. Must be some way to give it yet ...

'Range', if I understand things correctly, processed in the script from line 851. At least in the version that you sent, there is something like the word 'yesterday' is not provided. It seems to me more so than one would have to specify the time in seconds, but I completely understand the script is not there. Maybe you should the problem but at times logwatch@logwatch.org send, as is proposed in the header, because at least I unfortunately can not further penetrate the matter in.