Thread: What is the similarity between views and DBMS

What is the similarity between views and DBMS

Hello friends, I some sort of knowledge in SQL but not full. I wanted to know about the views in SQL. I don’t have any idea about this topic. If anyone can make me understand then it will really very good for me. If anybody having any information or knowledge then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: What is the similarity between views and DBMS

A view is a practical table in the catalog whose stuffing is defined by a query. To the database user, the view come into view just like a genuine table, with a set of named columns and rows of data. But dissimilar a real table, a view does not subsist in the database as a stored set of data values. Instead, the rows and columns of data noticeable from beginning to end the view are the query results twisted by the query that defines the view.

Views generate the manifestation of a table, but the DBMS must still transform queries in opposition to the view into queries against the fundamental basis tables. If the view is defined by a multifaceted multi table query, then even a straightforward query against the view becomes a convoluted join, and it may take a extended point to complete.

When user attempts to bring up to date rows of a view, the DBMS must convert the appeal into an update on rows of the original source tables. This is achievable for undemanding views, but more composite views cannot be restructured; they are read only. A common use of views is to confine a user’s right to use to only selected rows of a table. View which allows you to analysis only selected rows of a table is identified as Horizontal view.