Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sequential file and Random file in VB ?

Software Development

Old 08-01-2011

Sequential file and Random file in VB ?

I am a student of Information technology , but I am very weak in the Visual basic, I do not like the subject at all, many people say that it is one of the most easiest language in the object oriented programming, I was having doubt in the database organization of the Visual Basic language , I was most concerned about the Sequential file organization and the Random file organization , I would appreciate if you comment your idea on this.

Old 08-01-2011

Re: Sequential file and Random file in VB ?

Yes why do you think that VB language is most difficult language in the object oriented concept , in fact it uses the easiest of feature of drag and drop in the Visual Studio, if you ask me about the random file access , in this the files are stored in random manner , you can take the example of a cd and in the case of Sequential file ,the file is stored in sequence like a cassette .
Old 08-01-2011

File constructed in a method in which data may be located in a casual order; also known as direct access file. Each data in a random access file has connected with it a comparative index number. Whenever a data is read from a random access file, a computer program must create a comparative index number for this data in order to find the data in the file. It has lots of advantages over the sequential file organization .
Old 08-01-2011

This kind of file design offers the following
following are its benefits :
  • it renders fast access to the preferred information. In a decision-making platform where information is required rapidly, random access is a necessary to rapid recovery;
  • it is well-organized for getting a comparatively few data at a time; and
  • it renders a technique of saving files up to date as transactions or or some changes take place

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,