Thread: What are the different types of Object Oriented Programming Languages?

What are the different types of Object Oriented Programming Languages?

Hello friends, I wanted to know about the different types of object oriented languages. I know what object is oriented all about. But I don’t know anything about its types. I want to know are any types of object oriented languages? If there then how many types are available? If anyone having information or knowledge about this query then please let me know. I am very much keen in knowing about the different types of object oriented languages.

Re: What are the different types of Object Oriented Programming Languages?

Smalltalk was the first popular OOPL The language syntax is simple. Variables and attributes are untyped, everything in an object, including classes. Small talk defines Garbage collector which frees from the programmer, the burden of memory management. This is the only language in Object Oriented Programming Languages where the syntax is easily understandable and it is very simple. You don’t need to make any classes in this Object Oriented Programming Languages as all are included in its objects. This is one of the popular and you can consider it as the best Object Oriented Programming Language.

Eiffel is strongly typed language Program consists of collection of class declaration that include methods. It provide very rich class library. For portability the Eiffel compiler translate source program into C. The Common Lisp Object System(CLOS) is an object oriented extension of common lisp .CLOS provide powerful and flexible inheritance capability .Multiple inheritance is also supported by CLOS.IT is weakly typed language. These are two languages which I am aware of it in Object Oriented Programming Languages.

JAVA is the most popular OOPL. It provides many important features like multithreading, portability, platform independence, security and robust nature. It is strongly typed language. It can be used to create two kinds of the programs like Applet and applications. Well, I don’t think that anyone would not be aware of JAVA. This is the only Object oriented programming language which is not famous but used extensively used all over world.

Hello There,

I wanted to share some of the information what i have. Please accept if this is correct.

Object Oriented Programming Language is a concept of Object Oriented principles.

Mainly programming languages are classified into two types based on OOP principles. They are:-
    1. OOPL--Object Oriented Programming Language.
    2. OBPL--Object Based Programming Language.

1. OOPL:- Which supports the features mentioned below.
    a. class
    b. Object
    c. Encapsulation
    d. Data Abstraction.
    e. Polymorphisum
    f. Inheritance.
    2. OBPL---Which supports all the above futures except Inheritance.

Thanks,
    Haranath