Thread: what is message passing and other terms in Object oriented programming languages?

what is message passing and other terms in Object oriented programming languages?

Hey Guys, I want to know what is message passing and all the related terms used in object oriented programming languages. I know that this term is used in OOPS but still I don’t have any idea. I want to know about it and why it is important for object oriented programming languages. If anyone is having the solution this question then please let me know as I am unaware of this OOPS concept.

Re: what is message passing and other terms in Object oriented programming languages?

OOPL consists of object and classes. It consists of set of objects that communicate with each other. It is very necessary to understand the classes, objects and also the message passing i.e. communication between objects. Objects communicate with each other by sending and receiving information. Message passing is one the important concept in Object oriented programming which is used in many Object oriented languages. It is one of the easiest concepts in Object Oriented Programming languages.

Re: what is message passing and other terms in Object oriented programming languages?

Binding refers to the linking of procedure call to the code to be executed in response to the call. The link can be physical or conceptual connection between objects .Dynamic binding means that code associated with a given procedure call is not known until the time of call at run time. Dynamic binding is associated with polymorphism and inheritance. It is also one of the important concepts when it is talk about object oriented programming language.

Data encapsulation is also known as data hiding. The wrapping up of data and functions into a single unit (class) is called as encapsulation. The data is not accessible to outside world and only those functions which are wrapped in to the function can access it. This is very important feature which is there in Object oriented programming language. This feature of object oriented programming language helps to hide the important data which is present in it.