Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Does Null value refer to empty value in SQL?

Software Development

Old 07-01-2011

Does Null value refer to empty value in SQL?

I am a student of IT student , I want to be a Data base administrator in future or you can say a DBA , yes I know that it is a very difficult task if all your database concepts, SQL or Oracle Concepts are not clear , so I want to do this subject thorough and clear each and every doubt, so after taking my friends advice I am posting my question in this forum, I wanted to ask that are the null value concept equal to an empty value.

Old 07-01-2011

Re: Does Null value refer to empty value in SQL?

Yes indeed you will have to clear all those questions very clear , infact these all are very small and base concepts, apart from that I will recommend you to appear the exam for Oracle and you will get the certificate once you clear the exams , if you ask me about the null concept according to me it refers to any missing value. I will not say that it is equivalent to empty value.
Old 07-01-2011

I also used to get very confused in my college days about this null value concept, if you ask me about null value concept , I have a very good example for about this concept of null value , suppose a student has an exam and one day he does not appear it due to bad health, then there if you are making a database entry you will put there a NUll value.
Old 07-01-2011

The Null value concept is the most arguable concept in the SQL, some said that it is a zero value and some says that there is an empty value , but there is neither a zero nor an empty value, the Null value in an relational database refers to a value where there is a value applicable but it is actually unknown , you can refer to the above example, you will understand it easily.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,