Thread: Primitive and Non Primitive data types in C#

Primitive and Non Primitive data types in C#

Hello friends I am an IT student, I have came from united states to India, I have completed my school there and right now looking to do my rest of education in India , and I have planned to establish my career as a software developer and therefore I have started to learn a few programming language and already learned C and C++ language , nut I have got some doubts in C# language and the issue is with the the data types itself . I get confused and normally mix up them with the the language that I have learned already . I will strongly recommend and request to show up their interest and comment on this post. I am waiting for their response .Thank you in advance .

Re: Primitive and Non Primitive data types in C#

If talked about C# in particular the data types that are already built in the are called as Primitive data type if you talk about the non primitive data type then it is again divided as built in and user defined data types , the predefined are already available while the user defined are those which the user creates on its own , the example of such data types are classes , structures, enumerations ,etc.while integer, float , bool , char etc are the predefined data types.

That was all about C# language , I think you need to learn about the primitive data types about the Java language , the data types that are pre defined in Java programming language are called as primitive data types . But if you ask about the non primitive type in Java language , they are the data types or reference types and the initial alphabet of these data types in capital letter , for instance Integer and Float data types .

You have indeed asked a very good question . Yes if you are just came out freshly from the environment after learning the C and The C++ language then it is pretty obvious that we will get confused about the syntaxes being used in it and you are bound to get confused about the data types in particular . Although the usage may be the same but notation of the data type may vary from language to language .

The non-primitive data types in an object oriented language like Java may consist of objects and arrays. These non-primitive types are regularly called "reference types" because they are managed "by reference"--in simple terms , the location of the object or array is stored in a identifier, passed to functions, and so on. If you compare the primitive data type they are of value type and their actual value is stored in variable and the same actual value is given whenever they are passed to any method .