Thread: Need help with a project in CakePHP

Need help with a project in CakePHP

I contact you because I have big problem with one of my projects. This project is to create a website fully adjustable (CMS). Users have a template, page, modal and then Modules. Locations in the pages modal allowing users to display modules (text, video, sound, image etc. ...). I am a bit lost in CakePHP. I'll have a table modules let me know the module name to display. I hesitate between using elements (problem for the passage of data) or controllers, but this time, how to retrieve the result of View (without requestAction)? In short, can you help me find a solution to display the modules?

Re: Need help with a project in CakePHP

Everything depends on what needs to be displayed in your modules and modeling that you get. Does your example text block will have different fields as video, sound or image? Or in the end all modules contain HTML code generated in the creation (in which case there will be just one type of module to dynamically choose which item inserted)? Otherwise, what is certain is that you have something like:
    Page Location hasMany / belongsTo Location Module ... probably somewhere with a field "ItemName" which enables you to choose which element to display in your page, passing the necessary information.

Browser does not update the pages

Many times, it happens that your browser does not update the pages. If your browser does not update the pages when you navigate a cakephp project (perhaps from behind a proxy or some other situation) you have to do is add headers to tell clients that the web page can not be stored in the cache. This must not be confused with the internal cache cake I assume you already disabled. Once detected this, all you have to do with cakephp is added in app / appController.php (or somewhere else you want) a line that says:
    PHP Code:
    This -> disableCache (); 
    For example, if there was no function and are used helprs html form, might look like this:
    PHP Code:
    class AppController extends Controller {
         var $ 
    helpers = array ('Html''Form');

beforeFilter function () {
             $ 
    This -> disableCache ();
         }
     } 

Changing patterns or tables in CakePHP

Just a reminder, if a change is made in the database, either the table name or something of the structure, do not forget to erase the cache (if enabled), but changes will not be to see. To clear the cache if it is configured as a standard distribution of CakePHP should clear what is in app / tmp / cache / models. To see if the cache is enabled and is configured as you have to look in app / config / core.php. If this line commented -
    // Configure:: write ('Cache.disable', true);
    Means that the cache is enabled. If the configuration of the cache line is well
    Code:
    Cache:: config ('default', array ('engine' => 'File'));

Re: Need help with a project in CakePHP

The models also have sustained of another class called a DataSource (Data Source). DataSources are an abstraction that enables models to manipulate dissimilar types of data constantly. While the main source of data in a CakePHP application is habitually a database, you can write additional DataSources that allow their models to correspond to RSS feeds, CSV files, LDAP entries, or iCal events. DataSources allow you to correlate records from diverse sources: rather than being limited to joints [joins] SQL, DataSources permit you to tell your LDAP model is connected to many iCal events. Just like controllers, models also include callbacks:
    • beforeFind ()
    • afterFind ()
    • beforeValidate ()
    • beforeSave ()
    • afterSave ()
    • beforeDelete ()
    • afterDelete ()