Thread: Differences between Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex

Differences between Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex

I know that many will want to kill me for asking, but in truth we already read several posts and blogs and I am not clear. Mainly my question is. If I have Flash CS3, Adobe Flex is used for?. Back when I was with the issue of Papervision3D told me it was easier to work in Flex, but I understood nothing. Perhaps Flex is a kind of C + + Builder (or Delphi) but compiled Flash applications (.Swf) instead .Exe? The main thing I want to know is what are the differences between Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex? I am sure that someone will help me on this topic.

Re: Differences between Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex

Flex is a framework for action script, ie Flex is the work environment to create applications in language Action Script. Flex is aimed at web applications and is based on eclipse. RIA is specifically created and is compatible with XML DB and more. Flex is to make programs, no animations, programs, people today are called RIA because this whole but what RIA means is "Internet program" (application program rich =) (not to be thinking a lot about it but is complicated in vain).

Thanks for your quick response. But is that why I opened this post. That is what is in the Wikipedia and most blogs, but the truth is that not clear to me then the practical difference with Flash. Let that Flash is also a working environment for AS3. If you ask me is I tell you that Flash is a program for interactive animations, like the familiar, with vector drawing tools, an environment for managing timelines and allocation of code to each item. It also has many components (such as buttons, combobox, srcrollers, etc), etc. Now, Adobe Flex is? because if the two end up giving the final one .swf, what is the difference. In many places it is appropriate to say that Flex data management (I assume refers to database queries) and Flash should be for what is graphic design, with nice animations. But why is this so? Flex has no drawing tools? Flex comes with components that do not have Flash?. No, not clear to me, I guess it's because I have never used Flex, but still think there is something that Adobe did not clarify it, so people are dull and I still do not understand that it is Flex and why should buy it instead of Flash.

Look, I put it easier. Flex is to make programs, no animations, programs, people today are called RIA because it is an Internet program. CS is to make Flash animations, not programs, animations. Both programs have similar features in Flex can do special effects but you have to program them, while in Flash is to draw them / encourage them. Both can be programmed but will flash the code on each item and got involved is hard to find where that piece of code in Flex will change everything is tidy in a single flap. Flex, I think more than anything, it made for developers but we encourage you to use a little actionscript ... what happens is that developers are not attracted to Flash and have it in mind as a graphic design program ... however, if you dare to Flex because the vast majority of us are familiar with Eclipse and object-oriented programming. This was just my personal opinion.

Understanding what flex is a framework to make programs with actionscript and animations but also programmers. But what kind of programs you can use flex to say, a billing system or anything else that is use it as vb.net, PowerBuilder and so on. So far has no native integration with database, is there something to use sqlite, but still have not seen it, in order to integrate to a db you have to use some server side language like php, coldfusion, the most legible I seems to work with xml files. I should be living a little loose Flex at this point, do not drive until you flex database natively (remove sqlite, or AMFPHP or WebORB), I will not see flex to make a system with complex it can be.

I would say Flex is designed to be a program to develop systems, and not for simple applications on a single form, it is easy to ABC (High low and changes) to the database from flex to a third party (PHP, JSP, ASP) That and more, and that real time, you get the data as you would AJAX, the developer-side advantage is that it uses less code, just have AS3 concepts and data flow programming. I am currently doing an inventory system 100% Flex, and I recommend it not only for the classic guestbook, email form, but in other environments, since it is much more elegant and efficient than traditional html web environment.