Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is bubble sort in data structure

Software Development

Old 04-01-2011

What is bubble sort in data structure

Hello friends, I am aware of the process sorting and some of its type not all. I wanted to know the bubble sorting. I have no ideas about it. I also wanted the code for bubble sorting. I have tried it but I was unable to get the appropriate output. If anyone is having any clue or idea about this query then please let me know so that my concepts are cleared and I can get the appropriate output.

Old 04-01-2011

Re: What is bubble sort in data structure

In this method 0th element is compared with the 1st element. If it is found to be greater than the 1st element then they are interchanged .Then the first element is compared with the 2nd element, if it is found to be greater, then they are interchanged. In this way all the elements are compared with the next element and interchanged if required. This is the first iteration and on completing this iteration the last element gets placed at the last position.
Old 04-01-2011

Similarly in the second iteration the comparisons are made till the last but one element and this time the second largest element gets placed at the second last position in the list. As a result after all the iteration the list becomes a sorted list. You must make sure that the list is sorted and compared properly after the iteration process is over. Many of them mistakes while comparing when iteration is done.
Old 04-01-2011

Code:
Declare array AA
   store elements in to array AA

Repeat for i= 0 to i<=3                        // for passess
          Repeat for j=0 to j<=3-i                    // for comparision
               check  if AA[j] >AA[j+1]             // for exchanging largest number
                            int  k = AA[j]
                               AA[j]=AA[j+1]
                          AA[j+1] =k
        increment j by 1            
          repeat step 6 to 9
        End of loop
  increment i by 1    
     repeat step  5 to 11
    end of loop

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,