Thread: Lost data after restoring to remove virus

Lost data after restoring to remove virus

I recently buy a laptop and I got the system tool virus and being stuck for a while to remove the virus in system restore in my pc and it process seems to have reverted to its original state in which I bought the pc, its not showing any of my accounts and asking me to create a new account. I don’t know why this happening. Please suggest me how to retrieve the lost data and media files, is there any software for recovery of data, if yes please tell me the name of the software and procedure, where I will get that software. Please suggest me some tips.

Re: Lost data after restoring to remove virus

You can recover your lost data from recovery software. There are many recovery software available in the market, you can also search on the internet for some software. You can also get recovery software online. Go to torrent site and search for recovery software and you will get all the names of a software which is available on that site, you can download the software from that website for free.

First check that your data has been deleted or it had been hide by virus. Some virus do hide files and folder in flashdisk that connected to computer or laptop infected by virus. Some virus do delete the files and data, I hope virus did not delete the file. Install a antivirus software and scan your system, if any virus is there it will detect by the antivirus software and you have to repair or remove it.

I think your files have been deleted by the virus and you need a tool to restore your files. If the files was hidden, we need to restore our files manually using command prompt. Virus has modified the attribute of folders and files to be hidden. So, we will try to modify the folders and files attribute to restore.
    Open command prompt from START MENU > RUN. Type CMD and hit enter. Go to the drive, for example your flashdisk is on drive E. Type “e:” and enter.
    The command we use to restore files is ATTRIB. Type this command :
    attrib –s –h *.* /S /D and hit enter.
    Finished. If you want a easy way to restor a file than you could use ‘smadav antivirus’ It can detect hidden files in your flashdisk and restore them.

It sounds like a virus attack and you need a some prevention tips:
    1.Always have an updated anti-virus installed on your system.
    2.Always scan the external storage media before attaching it to your system.
    3.Always scan an e-mail (specifically with an attachment) using an anti-virus application.
    However, if the above prevention tips are not followed and your eleven different file types have been deleted, then you will need to follow the below steps:
    Restore the files from an adequate backup.
    In case of failure of the restoration process, you will need to recover the files using an effective third-party Hard Drive Recovery Software. You can use an anti-virus for preventing the virus attack. You can search on the internet for some good anti-virus.

Sometimes you delete some files only to realize later that these files were needed. Sometimes deleting files take place due to some accidental incident such as blanket deletion, shift-deleting the files, etc. or if you are unable to open a file due to virus attack than you can open them within outlook, File>Open>Data File
    If you still get the msg, you need to state the path to these files. If you still have a problem than visit to a techie or service center