Thread: How to eliminate the bugs in a program of visual basic?

How to eliminate the bugs in a program of visual basic?

Hello friends, I getting lots and lots of bugs while practicing in Visual studio. I don’t know what to do? Basically, I want to know that how can we eliminate the bugs in a program of Visual basic 6.0? I know how to execute but I am not aware how to eliminate the bugs. I tried few ways but it did not worked for me. So, I want to know how we can do it, if anyone is having any knowledge or information about this question then please let me know.

Re: How to eliminate the bugs in a program of visual basic?

Bugs in the program usually occur due to incorrect logic is called debugging. Debugging in Visual Basic includes the Pausing the Execution Using the Break button. You can click on the Break toolbar button to pause the execution of the program. Alternatively, you can select Break from the Run menu or press Ctrl + Break on the keyboard to pause execution of the program. The disadvantage of this method is that you cannot select the line where you want to pause. Using Breakpoints you can add a breakpoint to a particular line; the program is paused when execution reaches that line. To set a breakpoint, click on the gray margin indicator area at the left edge of the Code window. Alternatively, you may place the cursor on that line and click on the Toggle Breakpoint button in the Debug toolbar, choose Toggle Breakpoint form the Run menu or by pressing F9 on the keyboard.

I think that the breakpoint line will change to red color after pressing Toggle breakpoint button. To remove a breakpoint, click on the gray margin indicator area at the left edge of the Code window. Alternatively, you may place the cursor on that line and click on the Toggle Breakpoint button in the Debug toolbar, choose Toggle Breakpoint form the Run menu or by pressing F9 on the keyboard. Using the Immediate Window. The Immediate window is available at design time, run time and break time. You may execute any statements in the immediate window. It is generally used to change the current contents of the variables. A design time you can see the values of previous run but you cannot execute any code. To display the immediate window, select Immediate Window from the View menu or press Ctrl + G on the keyboard.

Well, when you eliminate the bugs you should know to check the current values of Expressions. You can check the current value of a variable or an expression during break time. You must first enter the break time, by either pausing the execution manually or by using breakpoints. Go to the Code Window by clicking on the View Code button in Project Explorer window or by selecting Code from View menu. To check the value of a variable, place the mouse pointer over that variable. To check the value of an expression, select the entire expression and place the mouse pointer over it. The value of the variable or the expression will be displayed in a tool tip like label.

You can step over by choosing Step Over from Debug menu, by click the Step Over button in the Debug toolbar or by pressing Shift + F9 on the keyboard. Step Over is similar to Step Into except in the case of statements which call procedures. If you step over a statement which calls a procedure, all the statements in that procedure will be executed and the next line to be executed will be the statement following the call to that procedure.