Thread: What are data types and identifiers in Visual basic?

What are data types and identifiers in Visual basic?

Hey friends, I wanted to know what are the data types and the identifiers in visual basic. Are there are sets of rules for both data types and identifier? How are the data types been classified? I want to know in detail about these two terms in visual basic 6.0. If anybody is having any knowledge or solution to my question then please let me know. Make sure that you have an appropriate answer or solution to my query.

Re: What are data types and identifiers in Visual basic?

The data type of a variable or constant indicates the type of data which will be stored in the allocated memory space. The data types in visual basic are byte, integers, long, single, double, date, Boolean. These are the data types on visual basic which are used while using the variable in the program. One should know that in every programming language there is a set of data types. Visual basic 6.0 is an event driven programming language which also has a set of data types in it.

An identifier is a name given to a variable, constant or a procedure to uniquely identify it within its scope. Rules for Forming Identifiers are as follows Names can be 1 to 255 characters in length. They may consist of alphabets, digits and underscores. They must always start with an alphabet. White spaces are not allowed. Keywords are not allowed as identifiers. The identifier must be unique within its scope. Conventions for Forming Identifiers are as follows Identifiers must be meaningful. Precede each identifier with a lowercase prefix that specifies the data type.

Well, I think that you must be familiar with the data types and the identifier in visual basic. You should be aware that the there are certain rules for identifier and data types which identifies them. There are conventions in identifier used in visual basic. This convention indicates that this are the identifiers of the visual basic 6.0. I have tried to make you familiar with the identifiers and the data types used in the visual basic 6.0.

I think after reading these posts, now you will be familiar about what are identifier and data types in visual basic actually. Visual basic is an event driven and object oriented programming. The term data type and identifier will be always being available in every programming language. It is the most important part of programming language. These terms cannot be ignored neither in visual basic nor any other programming language.