Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011

What are the steps to execute Visual basic program?

Hey friends, I wanted to what are the steps to execute Visual basic program? I think that if I came to know what are the basic steps for execution o a program then I can easily execute a program. I have practiced the programs on my books but I haven?t done it practically. So, I decided to do it on visual studio. But, the problem is that I am not able to do it. So, anybody who has any idea or solution regarding this query than please let me know.
Old 02-01-2011

Re: What are the steps to execute Visual basic program?

You can execute one statement of code and then pause the execution. This is known as stepping through code. You can step through code at break time. When you are stepping through code, the current statement is highlighted in the Code window. Stepping through code can only be done if a procedure is being executed. If none of the procedures is in execution, an event should occur so that a procedure is triggered.
Old 02-01-2011

For example, clicking a command button. There are two important stepping commands as follows: Step Into: You can step into by choosing Step into from Debug menu, by click the Step Into button in the Debug toolbar or by pressing F9 on the keyboard. This command executes the current statement and then pauses the execution. If the current statement is a call to a procedure, it will be executed and the first line of that procedure will be the next line to be executed. Step Over.
Old 02-01-2011

You can step over by choosing Step Over from Debug menu, by click the Step Over button in the Debug toolbar or by pressing Shift + F9 on the keyboard. Step Over is similar to Step Into except in the case of statements which call procedures. If you step over a statement which calls a procedure, all the statements in that procedure will be executed and the next line to be executed will be the statement following the call to that procedure.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,