Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is the scope of variable in Visual basic 6.0?

Software Development

Old 02-01-2011

What is the scope of variable in Visual basic 6.0?

Hey Guys, Can someone tell me what error handling in Visual basic 6.0 are? I don?t have a large amount acquaintance regarding Visual basic 6.0 but still I am not able get the perception of error handlings in visual basic. I am not able to find any link in it. But, I am not sure about it. I don?t have any clue regarding this topic. So, if anyone who has any knowledge or information about this than let know.

Old 02-01-2011

Re: What is the scope of variable in Visual basic 6.0?

A variable is a name given to a memory location - the value of which can be changed during the execution of the program. DeclarationA variable can be declared in two ways viz. implicitly and explicitly. A. Implicit Declaration The variable in not declared by the programmer at all. It is directly used without any declaration. The data type of a variable declared implicitly is Variant. Implicit declaration can only be used if Option Explicit is not specified in the General Section. Explicit Declaration Syntax Dim Identifier [AsDatatype]Specification of the data type is optional.
Old 02-01-2011

If not specified, the variable's type defaults to Variant. Examples Dim X As Integer Dim Y Here, X is declared as an Integer. Y becomes a Variant as its data type is not specified. Multiple variables can be declared on the same line by separating them with commas. Example: Dim X As Integer, Y As Integer Note that when declaring multiple variables using single Dim statement, the data type must be specified for each variable. If you write as Dim X, Y, Z As Integer Then, X and Y become Variants and only Z becomes an Integer.
Old 02-01-2011

The scope of a variable is the section of the application that can see and manipulate the variable. The types of scope are as follows: Local If a variable is declared inside a procedure, it can only be accessed within that procedure. Such variables are said to be local variables. Module Level If a variable is declared in the Declaration Section of a form using the Dim or Private Statement, it can be accessed by any procedure of that form. Such variables are said to be Module Level variables. GlobalIf a variable is declared in the Declaration Section of a form using the Public statement, it can be accessed by any procedure in the entire project.
Old 02-01-2011

It is the period for which the variables retain their value. Public variables and Static variables exist for entire execution of the project. Module level variables declared in the Declaration Section of a form exist for the period for which the form is loaded. They are destroyed as soon as the form is unloaded. Local variables declared using the Dim statement are created each time the procedure is called and destroyed when the procedure ends.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,