Thread: What is the use of Dialog box in Visual Basic?

What is the use of Dialog box in Visual Basic?

Hello Friends, I am a student of I.T field where in I will be having a subject Visual basic this semester. Well, I heard that this chapter is quite simple but I don’t understand this term Common Dialog Box. So, can anyone let me know, what is the use of Common Dialog box in visual basic? Is it a tool for Visual basic? If anyone is aware of this question than please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: What is the use of Dialog box in Visual Basic?

To display a dialog box, you can call its Show method as Object.ShowMethodAnother method to display a dialog box is to assign a value to the action property of the Common Dialog Box control as follows: Object.Action = ValueThe Show methods and the values for the action property for different dialog boxes are given in the following table. Dialog Box Method Action Value can be as to Open it will require ShowOpen, To Save the dialog box mehod it will use As ShowSave, If you need any Color in dialog box then you can use ShowColor, you also have an option of font in visual basic environment as ShowFont, you can also Print as ShowPrint, and the last is the Properties of Common Dialog Box which can be achieved as controlCancelErrorIf set to True, an error is generated if the user clicks the Cancel button.

It contains the default extension for the filename. DialogTitle. It contains the text to be displayed in the title bar or the dialog box. This title is only applicable to the Open and Save As dialog boxes. FileName It contains the name of the file selected by the user or typed in by the user in the Open and Save As dialog boxes. Filter it identifies the types of files that are included in the File Type Combo box of the dialog box.

Example: cdlDialog.Filter = "Text|*.txt|Graphics|*.bmp;*.jpeg;*.gif" FilterIndex It returns or sets the default filter for Open or Save As dialog boxes. The index for the first filter is 1. InitDir It identifies the default directory for Open and Save As dialog box. The files from this directory are displayed by default. This is the perfect example of a dialog box in visual basic 6.0. I think with example you will be able to understand the term dialog box in visual basic 6.0.

It is very simple to use a dialog box in visual basic environment. You can use Show method as one of the way to display the dialog in box in visual basic environment. It has many features in it such colors, font where in you can change the color and the font of the dialog box. I think that this is the simplest properties in visual basic 6.0. I don't think further you will having any problem after reading this content.

It returns or sets the various options for the dialog boxes. Color Dialog Box cdlCCFullOpen entire dialog box is displayed, including the define Custom Colors section cdlCCHelpButton Causes the dialog box to display a Help button cdlCCPreventFullOpen. It disables the define custom colors command button and prevents the user from defining custom colors cdlCCRGBInit sets the initial color value for the dialog box font Dialog BoxcdlCFScreenFonts which causes the dialog box to list only the screen fonts supported by the systemcdlCFPrinterFonts which also causes the dialog box to list only the fonts supported by the printer cdlCFBoth where the dialog box to list the available printer and screen fonts cdlCFEffectsSpecifies that the dialog box enables strikethrough, underline, and color effects Color It identifies the colour selected by the user in the Color dialog box.