Thread: Want help in learning web designing

Want help in learning web designing

I am student of computer science and I have almost aware about website designing and things related to it. But I have curiosity in it and desire to learn. So I need your help and I am confused tat where do I begin from? What should I study first? What would be most excellent for me? Can I do this completely and effectively on my own? Also want some best software and hard ware required for this. If anyone having experienced in this field then please help me out.

Re: Want help in learning web designing

Yes. Everything can be done completely and effectively by your own but you will require a good start. If you join a classes or something, it would be good for you. It would provide you an essential knowledge and then you can go forward towards advance stuff on your own. For doing by yourself, you will require. Fundamental information in programming. An essential knowledge about mechanism of web. Associates who already are capable in this field who will assist you if you get trouble. Some eBooks about web and the main internet connection in your home. After that you can easily learn web designing by you and become an expert.

As per my knowledge decide exactly what you are wanted to do because designing and developing are two different things in this. Observe in which thing you are good. Creativity or Programming? If you wish to do programming, immediately start learning PHP lessons. I expect you know HTML because HTML is required first before coming into the web design. So, if you are unaware from HTML, study that from somewhere and then begin with PHP.

I think you will require some software for this but if you try to search on internet you will be confused by getting lots of results and you can’t select one of the best suits for you so that I am suggesting you to get Altova XMLSpy software. Whether you are fresh to XML or already an experienced user it will help you to teach from beginning. It has the easy to use views and influential entry helpers, debuggers and wizards in XMLSpy are intended to meet your XML and Web development requirements from begin to end.

As per my knowledge you will need use some guides such as Editing HTML tutorial. In this tutorial they make use of a plain text editor to edit HTML. We I believe this is the finest way to study HTML. Though, professional web developers frequently have a preference HTML editors like FrontPage and Dreamweaver, in its place of writing plain text. You do not require any tools to learn HTML at W3Schools.You does not require a web server. You do not require any website.

I want to share some tips for web design. The tips for web design are as under:-
    1. Neat and Easy Navigation.
    2. Program using pure CSS.
    3. Cross Browser Compatible.
    4. Readable and professional looking fonts.
    5. Use of white space.
    Last edited by alfieclinton; 30-12-2010 at 11:12 PM.