Thread: Problem with Web.Config, it is losing session

Problem with Web.Config, it is losing session

I have an issue with the Web.Config. actually in this the main problem is that it does not respect the session time in the assigned webconfig timeout. Currently I have assigned the webconfig timeout = 100 and is losing the session in 5 min or less. So I have tried to search the solution for this on to the many of the forum site but not getting any kind of success. So if you have any suggestion regarding this then share it.

Re: Problem with Web.Config, it is losing session

But here I want to know that what you detect in the session expired? Has you realized that 5 minute periods the value of the Session is get initialized or it get restarts? Here I think there is not issue in to the session; actually the main issue is in the programming
    to only put Session.Timeout = 2000
    Because you used a value of 2000 if the property specifies minutes, not milliseconds, with a value of 20 is sufficient as it is 20 minutes. So try this and tell me what happens?

Here I just want to give little bit information about the programming. Syntax for this is:
    Code:
    Session.Timeout [= nMinutes] and Parameters: nMinutes,
    Specifies the number of minutes a session That stay inactive and bother which finish previous to the server. The default is 10 minutes. Session.Timeout has no hard-coded limit. The majority Web Administrators place this property to 8 minutes. It should not be set higher than 20 minutes (except in special cases) for the reason that every open session is holding onto memory. Also It Should not be lower than 4 minutes because clients rarely respond within that time resulting in a loss of session state. And in IIS 6.0: The minimum allowed value is 1 minute and the maximum is 1440 minutes.

In this there are some requirements which I want to inform you over here
    • Client: Requires Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, or
    • Windows NT Workstation 4.0. Server: Requires Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server, or Windows NT Server 4.0.

After doing this you just check it I am sure you will get the fix for this kind of issue.

It notes that this environment when develop, or when you are in your production environment? I put it because when I develop and if I do it from the VS out there that this application Cambyses restarts the service. And also one thing here I want to know that you are testing from the IIS or not? So please provide me this information so that I will try to work on this and give you better solution for this.