Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-12-2010

How to make an application to store digital signatures

Is someone knows something about making an application to store digital signatures in a database, if anyone has any example would serve me much. I have search solution for this but after visiting many of the forum site I am not able to get any proper solution. And I have also seen that many of the user ar looking for the same query. So it will be grateful if you have any solution for this.
Old 29-12-2010

Re: How to make an application to store digital signatures

Really should not use IMAGE as a data type is outdated and may disappear in future versions of SQL Server, instead you should use VARBINARY. This article lists the "features" Obsolete SQL Server and what is its replacement: SQL Server, Deprecated Features Object. Take this opportunity to spend the binding of some articles I wrote about digital signatures and certificates, so take a look on this by searching this on Google and I am sure that it may serve you:
  • Concepts of Digital Certificate and Digital Signature
  • Create test certificates for server and client
  • Using digital certificates from. NET (surely this can help you, because they also explain how to sign documents)
  • Signing a PDF document from C # with iTextSharp
  • How to calculate the hash of an array of bytes or a string
Old 29-12-2010

What is your exact problem? The digital signature after all is nothing but a sequence of bytes. If memory loads an array of bytes, you can dump directly to a field of type IMAGE or VARBINARY (MAX) in the database without doing anything special, like a field otherwise. For example, if you make a parameterized INSERT, you can assign the byte array parameter, as if you were inserting a string or a date. Or if you use a DataAdapter to record, no problem in the corresponding DataTable has a column of type array of bytes, not to do anything special other than what you would do.
Old 29-12-2010

You can rest assured the image has already been in the catalog of data with which you can get back up and restore it to another location to be read from your application without any problem and do not affect anything you use C: / bob.jpg instead of C: \ bob.jpg. So this is the one way through which you can fix your issue. And I also do not know much more about it but ya as soon as I get information on this I will share it over here.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,