Thread: Extracting stored procedures

Extracting stored procedures

I have a sql server 2008 dbf file and I made this in visual studio 2010 that I require to change to a sql server 2005 format. Now I acquainted with there is no downgrade path, but this is an unfilled database - so all I actually require is the tables and stored procedures. Knowing not anything much concerning sql server, I would akin to to extract, print, copy/paste, whatever, the stored procedures and then in some way put them in the innovative 2005 database. I have only ever used visual studio's server explorer to supervise the database files, and through the way, these are sql server express user instance databases.There is only regarding 50 or so stored procedures, so most horrible case I was able to copy the text to notepad and paste in the new db - is there a more automatic way to do this?

Re: Extracting stored procedures

Well regarding this I have on solution which I got after searching a lot on the Google. Well of course there is a way you are able to make use of the Script database to a file/query.
    Steps:
    1. Right tick on your database
    2. Go to Tasks>Generate Scripts
    3. Go after the wizard to choose the objects whose script you desire to produce. You are able to produce scripts for creation of database, table, stored procedures, values etc.
    4. save the file as sql.
    5. Run the saved file in your original database and well the whole thing will be there.

In this I am also going through the issue but in this I want to know that how to take out a stored procedure code from the database as one file (.sql) per stored procedure?I require one file each for one stored method not all stored process code in one file. Is it probable to do it along with a number of tools or any specific procedures? So if you guys have any idea then help me as soon as it is possible for you.

Hey do not have to worry regarding this because I have one solution and I am sure that this will help you. Because when I was facing the similar issue at that time I have tried that and it help me and after doing that till now I do not have any query in this. In this you can use defncopy for extracting stored procedure code as follows
    Code:
    defncopy -U<user_name> -S<server_name> out <output_file_name.txt> <db_name> <owner_name.procedure_name>
    so only this much you have to do that’s it.