Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-12-2010

Important terms in C, C++, Visual basic

Hello friends, I wanted to know some important terms in C, C++ and Visual basic. I am thinking to do a course in the programming language, so I wanted to know some terms in it. I have read few terms of these languages well some I have tried to understand which quite well I understood but still there are many terms which I haven?t yet understood. So, if you are having any information about it then please let me know as soon as possible.
Old 29-12-2010

Re: Important terms in C, C++, Visual basic

Well, there is a term in C++ known as Inheritance which I think is the most simplest term in C++. The notation of defining new objects in terms of old one is an integral part. The term inheritance is used for these concepts. Inheritance means one class of objects inherits the data and behavior from another class. Inheritance imposes hierarchical relationship among classes in which a child class inherits from the parents. The parent class is known as base class or super class where as derived class is known as child class or subclass. Attributes and operations common to a group of subclasses are attached to the super class and shared by each subclass. OOPL also supports multiple inheritance .It is a idea that a class can be derived from more than one base class. The concept of inheritance provides the idea of reusability of code. This means that we can add additional features to an existing class without modifying it.
Old 29-12-2010

Scope is the largest region of program text in which a object or variable can be potentially used in the program. The scope of a variable or object is nothing but its visibility in the program. It is the mechanism by which it is possible to limit the visibility of a object or variable in a program. Once the scope of a object ends the visibility of the object also ends and the object is destroyed by the c++ and memory is recollected from the object.
Old 29-12-2010

The Visual Basic Environment is where you can create and test your projects. It consists of following i.e. Form Window. This is where you design the forms for your application. It displays the name of the project followed by the name of the selected form. The selected form is displayed in this window. A dotted grid is shown on the form at design time which is helpful for placing the controls on the form. Whenever a new project is created, a default form is added to the project with the name as Form1.
Old 29-12-2010

You can execute one statement of code and then pause the execution. This is known as stepping through code. You can step through code at break time. When you are stepping through code, the current statement is highlighted in the Code window. Stepping through code can only be done if a procedure is being executed. If none of the procedures is in execution, an event should occur so that a procedure is triggered. For example, clicking a command button.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,