Thread: Need ARM Linux GCC cross compiler for Sparc or Solaris

Need ARM Linux GCC cross compiler for Sparc or Solaris

Well the thing here is that I want to make a gcc crosstool chain and that too on the arm1176. So I thought that it will be great if I can have the way from here. Well on the first occasion I thought that it would be great if I can have the gcc crosstool chain prebuilded but later after searching on the internet for hours I could really not found any and hence thought of creating it on my own. But well if you can find the same then I will be really happy if you can fetch me the same for me here. In order to make the things for me I tried to make binutils first but when I was trying to configure and build the GCC there I was stopped because of an error. So I would like to know if there is a way for this here. Please help me with this.

Re: Need ARM Linux GCC cross compiler for Sparc or Solaris

Well I am of the opinion that what you are looking at is virtually not possible and to get the readymade thing I am sure that it is really impossible. To begin with the issue of yours; please can you tell me what is the version of the GCC that you are using there on your side? Well if you are using the older one then let me tell you that it will be great if you can just have the GCC 4.4.0 and see if after getting it installed on the system of yours if you are getting the error there. Please try this and let me know about this soon here. Also it would have been great if you would have posted the image of the error that you were getting while doing this. Please if it would be possible place the screen shot of the error that you are getting on the screen here.

In addition to the things that you have asked above I am of the opinion that it will be nice if you can try to make some changes in the Object File. Well if it is at all possible please try to see if you can paste the Object File from the other source and then paste it here in the required location. Please try this here before and then let me know if that at all succeeded here. Also see if at all you can install some of the packages from SOLARIS and see if that can really help you with the situation of yours here. If you want you can try to install the packages like SUNWarc and SUNWhea see if these packages can be treated as remedy to the case of yours. Please while trying this make sure that the things go in a smooth manner here.

You have mentioned that you are looking for making the cross-compilation tool chains for your case. Then let me tell you that it is really not at all possible here and if possible then let me tell you that it is not that easy to get it here. You wanted to have the prebuild cross-tool chain and if that is actually you want then let me suggest you that it will be great if you can just pay visit to the web-site of DEBIAN and see if you can dig out the cross-tool chain for you. I am of the opinion that you must have not checked this site or else you must have find the required tools for all the Linux Distribution here and one more thing let me tell you that this tools are tested and you will not have any difficulty in using it here.

This is really weird thing that I have for the first time came across and I have seen that some one is asking for ways so that he can build the cross-compilation tool chains. Well that is really very tough job to go with here. I think that it will be great if you can just have a look at the thing here. By making use of the crosstools you will be able to create functioning cross-compilers for C as well as for C++. The compiler that you will create will have the support for the standard libraries as well. Also it will be able to get support for all the Debian architectures. All this is possible if you are able to have the prebuild package in yours case and it will not be obtained if you are making it by yourself here. See if you can get it from the website of Debian itself.

I have watched the case of your closely and let me tell you that at this very moment I really do not have any kind of solution with me; but let me assure that as soon as I will get it I will make the post soon for you. Actually the case here is that you want to have a build for ARM toolchain and that will require some amount of working here. You have asked for ARM toolchain that will be functional on the system that has Sparc as the processor here. It is not like that I have not heard this before but the thing is that I really do not have anything that works on the Sparc here. I have used it on X86 Processor but not Sparc; will post as soon as I get the solution here. Till then if you want you can just wait for the other members here.