Thread: Arrays in Visual Basic 6.0

Arrays in Visual Basic 6.0

Hey Guys, I wanted to know Arrays in visual basic 6.0. I am totally blank in this topic and next week I am having my semesters. I am totally worried as I am not able to understand this topic. I tried to study this topic from various books of visual basic 6.0 but still I was not able to understand the concept. If anyone having any information or knowledge about these terms in Visual basic then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Arrays in Visual Basic 6.0

If you want to declare an array in Visual basic 6.0 then an array is declared using the Dim statement. SyntaxDim ArrayName ([LowerLimit To] UpperLimit, [LowerLimit To] UpperLimit) [As Datatype] ArrayName is any valid identifier. LowerLimit and UpperLimitt are numeric values. Fractional values will be rounded. UpperLimit should always be greater than or equal to 0. If Option Base 1 is not specified in the General Declaration Section, LowerLimit defaults to zero. Otherwise it defaults to 1.

ExamplesDim strName(2, 3)As String
    Dim strName(0 To 2, 0 To 3) As String Both the above statements declare arrays of 12 elements, with three rows and four columns. Accessing Elements Individual elements in an array can be accessed by specifying their subscripts in round brackets after the array name. If a non-existing subscript is specified, an error is generated.

General FormArrayName (Subscript1, Subscript2) Subscript1 and Subscript2 can be constants, variables or and expressions. If they result to a fractional value, theyare rounded. ExamplesstrName(1, 2) = "Shivam" Me.Print strName(intRow, intCol) Initialising using For Each … Next loop Refer to Single Dimensional Arrays.