Thread: Abstract Windows Toolkit in Java

Abstract Windows Toolkit in Java

I have got a desktop computer. I am looking forward to be a freelancer, so I have made up my mind do develop the program in Java language , however I am in a bit of confusion as which feature of Java should I use , I think I got a proposal about using the AWT feature, however some of my friends prefer me to Swing components . To get rid of this confusion I have posted my query in here , I have been assigned a project and I have to complete it within 3 months , but still I am not sure which feature I will exactly implement on my first program .

Re: Abstract Windows Toolkit in Java

I think you should prefer the swing components , because it is mentioned in the earlier threads as well regarding that you should prefer Swing always before , because the components in the Swing are light weight components , but each and everyone failed to explain why the swing components are light weight components , I can say about that , it is because the AWT component are not platform independent , while the Swing component are platform independent and that is why they consume less space than the AWT component .

The class library of the Java programming language renders a user interface toolkit called the Abstract Windowing Toolkit, or in short mostly it is called as AWT. The AWT is both commanding and supple. Newcomers, however, often find that its power is concealed. The class and method explanation found in the distributed documents offer little help for the new developers .It enables a developer to have a look or you can say the GUI or Graphical user interface so that it will make the user to input the data and receive the output over there .

In addition, the obtainable examples often run off many significant questions not being responded . Of course, novice programmer should expect some complicatedness. successful graphical user interfaces are essentially challenging to design and execute, and the sometimes complicated data exchange between classes in the AWT only make this job more complex. However, with suitable direction, the formation of a graphical user interface using the AWT is not only promising, but relatively simple.

Since the Java programming language is platform- free, the AWT should also be also be platform-independent. The AWT was intended to give a familiar set of tools for graphical user interface design that job on a diversity of stages. The user interface fundamentals rendered by the AWT are executed can make use of platform's local GUI toolkit, therefore saving the look and feel of each stage.

It seems that you are a newcomer to the java programming language , so let me tell you that the Java programming language has a class library renders a user interface toolkit called the Abstract Windowing Toolkit or sometime referred as AWT However, with proper direction, the generation of a graphical user interface by making the use of AWT is not only easy, but comparatively uncomplicated. A graphical user interface is a collection of graphical elements known by the name as components and uses componests such as scroll bars, text fields , text areas etc In the AWT, all user interface components are actually the objects of class Component or one of its subcategories.

Since the Java programming language is not dependant on any platform , the AWT must also be the same way as the java language is . The AWT was planned to provide a common set of tools for designing the look and feel of the graphical user interface that work on the on a range of platforms. The user interface elements rendered by the AWT are implemented by making the use of environment's native GUI toolkit, thus keeping the look and feel of each environment. This is one of the AWT's attractive feature. The drawback of such an approach is the actuality that a graphical user interface planned on one environment may look dissimilar when shown on some other platform.