Thread: Oracle 11g installation on Windows 7

Oracle 11g installation on Windows 7

I am attempting on the way to install Oracle 11g on my desktop computer. I presently have installed on my c drive Windows 7 . On my D drive I contain earlier installation of Windows xp home premium. My boot drive is C. At what time attempting on the way to install, it fail, informing me that I have Windows XP installed. Does anybody be familiar with why it is being recognized as XP and not 7?

Re: Oracle 11g installation on Windows 7

Here is how to do it:
    1. Launch the installer by clicking on setup icon. Enter a password for the SYSTEM users. Click the Install button to carry on.

2. In the subsequently screen, you are prompted for your Email as well as MetaLink Password. You be supposed to enter a secret word yet for test databases. Click the Next button to carry on.

3. You will just observe this malfunction if you’re installing Oracle 11g on a Windows 7. On the way to defeat this you just verify the Checking OS necessities as well as checking service pack necessities on the way to overrule the precondition checks.

4. Now you will acquire a Windows System Alert prompting you to free the installer’s javaw.exe program. You have to grant the access as a result click the permit access push button to carry on.

5. Click the Install button on the way to carry on.

6. It will run installation progress diualog when it is 100% complete click Next button to carry on.
    7. Now you will observe Oracle Net Configuration Assistant.
    Click the Allow access button on the way to allow java.exe continue by means of the installation.

8. At the moment a trial database example is clone for you.Click Password Management on the way to open that system as well as set passwords for them.

9. The Oracle Configuration Manager Configuration. It is a small procedure at what time it completes it enable the Next button. Click the Next button to finish the installation.

10. Click the Exit button.

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion. It really saves me hundreds of hours that may possibly have been exhausted trying on the way to install the Oracle 11g on Windows7. On my initial laptop it install with no harms. However at what time I get the HP laptop I had a number of troubles. Presently checking the checkbox it go effortlessly. Once more thank you very much.

Hey thanks for the reply however I have to admit I am not a technical as a result I did not recognize a few things:
    1. In the first step, what precisely do I require to perform? What is like to “mclaughlin11g” on my PC? I positioned the hosts file however I am not capable to shape out what line to put in accurately.
    2. In the second step, I cannot discover the hostname. Where to discover it furthermore if I get it, what be supposed to I rename it as?
    Those are the query I have. I would be grateful if you be able to reply them.