Thread: MDT 2010 - Deployment Share Error when adding OS

MDT 2010 - Deployment Share Error when adding OS

I have recently ongoing utilizing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 with RND4450as a Windows Server 2008 R2 Deployment Share. I have formed a dedicated share named "Deployments" with a CIFS Default access set to Read/write and "allow guest access" checked. Once you stipulate the UNC for the readynas share, MDT 2010 creates abundant files and folders within that share without concern. However, when I am trying to import an operating system, I entertained the error "Access to the path is denied". I have struggled with MDT 2010 along another UNC path on the network and it works well. I have updated the firmware on my RND4450 but have not determined the problem. Has anyone come across this or something remotely related? Is this a known bug? I have been using the ReadyNAS for an ISO storage area for my ESX server which would streamline my deployment if this works. Really need some help from your members.

Re: MDT 2010 - Deployment Share Error when adding OS

I don't think that it is a bug. There are chances that you have added an OS incorrectly. I am sure that you will able to work on it, if you try to install it again, by proper steps. Once, you have added that the other things like adding the drivers, etc. is easy. You can also update the applications and drivers after installing it. Hope that you will find some way for success.

I would like to tell you how to add an OS. We first built our operating system. To do this we insert the installation DVD of Windows 7 x64, then in the console, we're going to Shares Deployment \ MDT Deployment Share \ Operating Systems, then click the Import link on the right Operating System. In support, you have three choices:
    • Full set of source files: This option is used for adding a CD / DVD standard installation (ie the one from Microsoft) Windows, it supports all versions of Windows (Server as a workstation) on Windows XP (I have not tested Windows 200 but it is possible that it works). This is the option we use here.
    • Custom Image file: This option is used if you make a WIM image important to a position that you will use as a Master.
    • Windows Deployment Services images: This option is used if you want to host your images on a server WDS (Windows Deployment Service). These images can be captures WDS.
    You select the location that contains your Windows installation, this page is different depending on the options you selected earlier. MTD then analyzes the DVD to offer a directory name that contains your installation. In the 2010 version, the proposed name is a little better managed, he had previously I do not tend to include the name of the architecture but it still lacks the language of the installation. Warned that it is imperative pay close attention to the name you use here, because it will be very difficult to change then, given that many depend on this one. After confirmation, the system will start copying your DVD in the directory. We thus added the installation of Windows 7 to sharing our MTD. This one also appears in the console. As you know, a Windows installation DVD contains several versions of it, each of which is indexed and listed on the Deployment Workbench console. We can see here all version of Windows 7.

Primary benefit of TDS compared to other tools is its management of pilots. Indeed, as much you can add drivers to your installation. But where other tools must be careful to avoid several version of a driver or even avoid putting too many different device drivers to avoid a directory drivers on your posts monstrous processes used by DOT restricts its problems by installing only the necessary drivers. Indeed, at the time of installation, MDT will only make a list of devices on the workstation and not going to copy this one as the drivers for existing devices on the computer (which limits the space occupied by the Drivers Directory). Then, if there are several versions of these drivers, the Windows installation itself will share something just to install the latest driver. To achieve integration of drivers in MDT it necessary to have the extracted version of the drivers, ie a directory containing the configuration file of the drivers (. Inf files) and associated driver files (files. Sys . exe, etc.).. In our case here, we must proceed differently for each of our drivers:
    • Card Drivers ATI / AMD (Catalyst): you must start the driver installation to access the extracted file in the directory C: \ ATI. We will copy the contents of that directory into a directory called D: \ Drivers.
    • Intel Chipset Drivers: Here they come in the form of an executable installer file. To find the options you can use it as <File.exe> -? To know them. This allows us in the case of these drivers use the command <File.exe>-a-p D: \ Drivers \ Intel.
    • Sound Card Drivers Realtek: With these drivers, we have a few more chances in the sense that it is an executable file, but type archive

After these steps mentioned by the "Pauline", end up with a directory D: \ Drivers as follows:
    1. Then add the drivers, just go to the console in the Out-of-Box Drivers, then click on the Import Drivers.
    2. You then choose your directory driver (in this case D: \ Drivers), as you can see the script will look for drivers in all subdirectories, there is no need to choose your directory drivers one by one. So one way "fast" to add your pilot is to put them all in a corner and then add them all at once. As you'd expect with the option Import drivers Even If They Are duplicates of an Existing driver, DOT will remove any duplicate itself.
    3. This is the only option, then MDT will cope alone. After importing you can see on the console the list of all the drivers that were recovered from the driver configuration files (.Inf files). That is why we have a long list, so we had to add that three drivers.
    It is imperative to add more (unless you did planned) network drivers and disk controller for Windows 7 (32-bit and 64 bit) because they will be used in the installation system. This is required even if you plan to install Windows XP for example.