Thread: How to uncheck the grayed out box for “Enable the next generation” option in Java Plug-in

How to uncheck the grayed out box for “Enable the next generation” option in Java Plug-in

I want to uncheck the grayed out the next-generation Java Plug-in. I attempted by uninstalling as well as reinstalling the whole java software from my system. as recommended away in Answers, but that didn’t give me right solution. Also, subsequently I have uninstalled Java (which I have to do during the Windows Installer Cleanup service because it couldn't uninstall from Programs as well as Features), the Java Control Panel also illustrate the Java 6 up gradation 14 on the common>concerning tab, even while Java had been entirely removed. And even following reinstalling Java with Update 19 , it yet demonstrate the Update 14 edition in "About."How can I obtain it to allow me uncheck the box and how can I get it to show the accurate edition information on the "About" tab?

Re: How to uncheck the grayed out box for “Enable the next generation” option in Java Plug-in

I am having a Windows 7 64-bit PC. Java 6 Update 20 involuntarily set up to the Program Files (x86) file. It won't set up to the Program Files directory, even if you inform it to perform that. though, the "Java" connection to the Java manage Panel in the Windows 7 manage Panel comes from the Java sub-folder in the curriculum Files folder, not the Java sub-folder in the Program Files (x86) folder (where the existing edition of Java, revise 20 , is positioned), so the Java manage Panel won't exhibit the present information In fact, Java 6 revise 14 was initially installed in the Program Files folder. Everyone the Update 14 files were yet there even subsequent to I had uninstalled it. So the Java manage Panel information still showed the Update14 version in the "About" section and the "allow the next-generation Java Plug-in" alternative was grayed away. I attempted removing the files for the uninstalled Upgrade 14 edition, but then the Java connection in the Windows manage Panel didn't perform at all, so I renovate the files to the folder. lie this it help me properly.

Re: How to uncheck the grayed out box for “Enable the next generation” option in Java Plug-in

Yeah I moreover originate that if I set out the Java sub-folder in the Program Files (x86) folder and open the Java manage Panel from here, then it properly illustrate the Update 20 edition, and I was capable to effectively unable the subsequent-generation for the Java Plug-in since it wasn't grayed out. That's enormous, but I require to be capable to simply access the right Java manage Panel . I wish for to be capable to do it during the Windows manage Panel and not have to look to the sub-folder of the Java in the Program Files (x86) folder every time. So now the query is how can I get the Windows manage Panel to exercise the accurate javacpl.exe link for the present edition (Upgrade 20 ) commencing the Program Files (x86) folder, in its place of the mistaken link (for Upgrade 14 ) from the Program Files folder?

I was capable to unable the plug-in in the registry as per the above instructions, but it reset itself back to the earlier setting automatically (permit) after I unwrap the Java manage Panel (where the alternative is yet grayed out). I attempted this numerous times, but every time it reorganizes back to permit once the Java manage Panel has been release. Also, I am incapable to get it to keep the setting to verify for Updates involuntarily. I verify the box, and select Apply, but the subsequent time I release the Java manage Panel, the box is unchecked once more. I require being capable to simply modify this setting back as well as forth (enable, disable, enable. Usually, I want it to involuntarily update, but when I am teaching online training terms. I desire to put off it so that it doesn't disturb the session. Then I crave to reset it to repeated after the term is over.