Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Different statements in SQL query

Software Development

Old 14-12-2010

Different statements in SQL query

I am a student of Computer Science, right now I am pursuing a degree course. I am looking forward to a Data base Administrator , so I want to make my my query knowledge thorough , but I am very weak at it and I do not have much idea about the basic query as well, so I would appreciate if you could get some hint about the statements being used in the SQL queries.

Old 14-12-2010

Re: Different statements in SQL query

SQL is a structured Query language that is used for fetching for the data that is stored in a database, the data base is a relational database which as a designed schema , schema in the sense the database is in the tabular format and is identified by an entity name. And these queries can be used to fetch the data from the relational data . The most basic statement in the SQL language is Select statement.
Old 14-12-2010

Select statement is used to fetch the result for the query being made in the select statement , as these table contain different columns and one of the column contains unique data called as the primary key of the table. So you can fetch the record by specifying the name of the column next to the select statement.
Old 14-12-2010

Apart from the Select statement, there are a few basic statements such as Where and From as well. Suppose you want to fetch a data of a student whose marks exceed more than 60 from the student table, then you can give the query and in the Select statement you will write the you will write the column name student name and marks in the from clause there will be the table name as student and in the Where clause you will specify the condtition as marks should be greater than 60.
Old 09-03-2011

SQL query

Hi all,

I have done degree course in electronics but now i want to be a database administrator, so i'd really appreciate if i get some online free downloadable books for sql server.

thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2011

If you are wanted to go with the Database Administrator then you have to complete the DBA courses offered by Oracle university. There are lots of institute who are offering then traning program fro DBA after that you can appear for the direct exam of DBA. There are three exam you have to complete first one is for SQL then to Workshop 1 and finally Workshop 2. After completing all these exam you will get two certificate one for OCP and another for OCA. Which is nothing but complete DBA. If you will let me know about your location then i can help you with good institution for same.
Old 09-03-2011
ismail12

SQL stands for Structured Query Language, Its powerful and diverse language used to create and query databases.Mainly used for storing large amount of data and also fetching data from database.
Old 11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educated View Post
If you are wanted to go with the Database Administrator then you have to complete the DBA courses offered by Oracle university. There are lots of institute who are offering then traning program fro DBA after that you can appear for the direct exam of DBA. There are three exam you have to complete first one is for SQL then to Workshop 1 and finally Workshop 2. After completing all these exam you will get two certificate one for OCP and another for OCA. Which is nothing but complete DBA. If you will let me know about your location then i can help you with good institution for same.

India(Delhi)

thanks in advance
Old 11-03-2011

IF you are in Delhi then i will advise you to get the training from the SQL Star International Limited which is very well know institution in India for DBA courses. Its 2 months course if you are joining for regular batch and if you wanted to complete the course as part time then it will take 3 to 4 month for completion. If you want you can visit the below given address for same.

Address:
SQL Star International Limited
201, 2nd floor,
Tower-A, Pitampura
Delhi, 110034
011 43068000
Old 12-03-2011

Thanks!

Could u please also tell me about some good institute for asp.net training..
Old 12-03-2011

For ASP.Net training i am not much sure but i know NIIT which is offering the ASP.NET Certification Courses. If you are joining any of the institution then it is better to first ask the existing student of the institution about the faculty. If the faculty is good and if you are serious about studies then institution does not matter. Even you can get better education from small institution.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,