Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

ifort compiler problem

Software Development

Old 11-12-2010

ifort compiler problem

Hii

I want to use ifort compiler for the parallel execution of my model. But during compilation it works properly..but during execution it is showing "segmentation fault"..But the same program when I compiled with gfortran it works good and I can do the execution with gfortran without any error..Can anyone anyone help me what is happening with ifort compiler..

thank you

Old 15-12-2010

Re: ifort compiler problem

What version of the compiler you are using? If you are running the old version of the compiler then you should check for the latest version of the compiler and install the same and see whether you are getting it work with the same or not. You can get the latest version of the compiler on the Intel Official site. I hope this will resolve your issue.
Old 16-12-2010

hii Ronchi

Thank you for the reply..I am using the latest version from the intel compiler downloaded from the intel site...it is version 12...And I installed it as per the instructions...and also I export the path in .bashrc..
I am feeling strange why its not getting executed....
Old 16-12-2010

I have heard that this program needs a lot of memory because it demands a lot of memory at the second line in the subroutine. Increasing the stack size will resolve your problem.

[C:/temp] ifort /nologo /F64000000 stup.f90
[C:/temp] ./stup.exe
Old 16-12-2010

yeah,I have increased my stack size as unlimited..and now it is ok...but still having a problem that it is not showing results......anyway thank you for your mail..

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,