Thread: Problem of recovery value of a field in WSS

Problem of recovery value of a field in WSS

I have a list summarizing problems SP stores. This list itself is composed of fields of type "Search" allows me to list the values contained in another SP list (for example the name of the store, the affected radius). Everything works perfectly! By cons, when I use in developing a webpart my field "store name", I get value as a concatenation of the ID and value. Can anyone tell me how to retrieve the value and only value? Here is my retrieval code in a datatable:
    dr ["Name Shop"] = item ["Name Shop"]. ToString ();
    If you have the solution then let me know, I will be waiting for the related reply and thank you in advance for any related solution.

Re: Problem of recovery value of a field in WSS

Solution for the problem that you are facing is really simple, you just need to insert following code for this. I mean to say that you have to use this code for solving your problem.
    Web.Lists SPList list = ["Probleme_Magasin"];
    SPListItem problem list.Items = [0];
    SPFieldLookupValue lookupMagasin = new SPFieldLookupValue (problem ["Store Name"]. ToString ());
    int = lookupMagasinID lookupMagasin.LookupId;
    string = lookupMagasinValue lookupMagasin.LookupValue;

I had the same problem and the solution you propose solves it well. One more thing you can also try this Public static GetLookUpString (string LookupValue)
    {
    if (LookupValue.Contains (";#")) return LookupValue.Subrtring (LookupValue.IndexOf (";#") + 2));
    else return (LookupValue);
    }
    SPFieldLookupValue lookupMagasin = new SPFieldLookupValue (problem ["Store Name"]. ToString ());
    The value is not within the expected range. I tried to put "Title", "Title", "Link Title" ... but nothing changes.

The code you have given in the above reply only works for columns of type Lookup and as said it works fine in this case. To better understand your problem, could give me the value of problem ["Store Name"]. ToString () and the type of the column? In an emergency, it is not very clean, I removed my string all that is before the; I will test next week your solution as this problem may occur again soon. My field is type Lookup. I come back to you shortly with a new problem if I am getting any.