Thread: How a Java program can be connected through database ?

How a Java program can be connected through database ?

I am a a student from IT sector, I am pursuing the BSc(IT) Course which falls under the Mumbai University from a reputed college in Mubmai itself , I am currently in the third semester of my second year course. I like programming and of which JAVA and C# are my favorite languages. I have not attended any tutorials and practical yet I learned some part of those myself , so I want to gather some knowledge over it. I have got a big project in my upcoming year , so I have made up my mind to design and code my project in JAVA language itself, since it uses the object oriented supported and uses widely rich concepts such as beans and JSP , but I was not sure about the database connectivity in the JAVA so I will ask you to support me on this topic and what will be the best to design a project on the jAVA platform.

Re: How a Java program can be connected through database ?

I think you have chosen a correct language to design a code , yes it indeed contains lots of such feature that will definitely help you in gaining a lot of knowledge , you can use a tool called net beans , which has got various options and features that will guide you and take a tour a true object oriented support. Since you are yet to learn core JAVA , then I do not think it will be advisable for you to tell you about the data base and its all concepts because it will confuse you . All the best for your project.

Well I think he is right unless you learn the core part of JAVA it will be difficult for you to design and code in the advance features, I have done Engineering in the IT field and I have gone through the project in my final year. I am sharing my views because I too had made my project in JAVA and these projects are such large that you will require a database for that and that database you will have to connect it with your code part so that your code can fetch the data from your code and produce necessary results in the out put stream . In Java it is done through Java Data base connectivity.

Well I think he is right unless you learn the core part of JAVA it will be difficult for you to design and code in the advance features, I have done Engineering in the IT field and I have gone through the project in my final year. I am sharing my views because I too had made my project in JAVA and these projects are such large that you will require a database for that and that database you will have to connect it with your code part so that your code can fetch the data from your code and produce necessary results in the out put stream . In Java it is done through Java Data base connectivity.

Yes indeed JAVA Database connectivity is the way to connect your program written in JAVA with the database you have created in any file. As far as the data base is concerned you can use different ways to create it, you can simply use MS Access of Microsoft Office if your coding I simpler and your project has a limited scope or either you can use JAVA SQL server in which you can score complicated queries and store the result in the result set. There is a statement called connection statement that s used to establish connection between the code and the database .The result of the query is stored in the object of the result set.