Thread: User account picture via script and create and share

User account picture via script and create and share

I have been a few weeks looking for a way the "user account picture" via VBS or. NET to create and share. We want to copy the photos from our staff after logging out of the Intranet (Sharepoint) or from the AD (stored in the attribute jpegPhoto or photo) to the client, if you have not already done so. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures im Format <Domain>+<Username>.dat. By setting the image on the control panel by hand, is created from the JPEG is a BMP, from which a DAT file is created in the folders C:. \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ User Account Pictures in the format <Domain> + <User Name >. dat is converted. What I see today could not, even in the MSDN or TechNet forum is how to create the. Dat file, or can set it through script. For every reasonable tip I would be grateful.

Re: User account picture via script and create and share

I was hoping someone could explain the use of User Account pictures in 2008, this feature is expected to be integrated into AD at some point? We are setting up 2008 Terminal Services and what I would like to do is automate the user account pictures for my users and link them to a central store of pictures. We are setting up 2008 Terminal Services and what I would like to do is automate the user account pictures for my users and link them to a central store of pictures. So if User "Alan Other" logs in he gets "AlanOther.bmp" pulled into his profile and set as his Picture. So if User "Alan Other" logs in he gets "AlanOther.bmp" pulled into his profile and set as his Picture. I can script the fie moves etc, but what I can't seem to find is where to set the picture in the Reigistry. I can script the fie moves etc, but what I can not seem to find is where to set the picture in the Reigistry. The only thing currently open to us is to standarise the picture using Group Policy. The only thing currently open to us is to standarise the picture using Group Policy. Anyone any ideas?

Related to your problem I have one solution but regarding this I am not whether it will going to help you or not because it works properly in my case but I am not sure about yours. Even though you just give a try to this .For this you just visit the arricc.net website. And you will get the solution for this issue. And alternatively, you can opt for a third-party tool's search as Exclaimer. So whatever you want you can go for that.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I know the product already and we do not want to picture from the AD in Outlook or a web application in the present. I think that our problem is not treated there. Too bad. We want user account picture in Windows using the. We want pictures of the staff at the registration screen display, such as who was logged in as a last or if the user has locked the PC. There's maybe a hint? It already had some friends with us for a solution in an Internet research but found nothing. There has to be someone we were the only idea that came to be or are?

There are a total of 4 AD: Attributes that could come into question here:
    • jpegPhoto
    • photo
    • thumbnail logo
    • thumbnail photo

Have you ever tried the other?Yes it is filled all four attributes. It is not about to fill the attributes. We seek the possibility of the user account picture in Windows Vista or Windows 7 to put in the application or to create. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures. Headed a script is meant that created the DAT files, the C: Are \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ User Account Pictures found. You for your efforts and help.

There are a total of 4 AD: Attributes that could come into question here:
    • jpegPhoto
    • photo
    • thumbnail logo
    • thumbnail photo

Have you ever tried the other?Yes it is filled all four attributes. It is not about to fill the attributes. We seek the possibility of the user account picture in Windows Vista or Windows 7 to put in the application or to create. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures. Headed a script is meant that created the DAT files, the C: Are \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ User Account Pictures found. You for your efforts and help.

If he take the VirtualBox, but before that he would have to buy XP. In the XP mode of WIN 7, the license would be included. Download the XP mode, and a description of the installation sequence is found in Microsoft's site. So if you want then you are also able to check like this over here. And regarding this if you want any further information so you can ask me over here.