Thread: Visual C + + 2010 asking for dll file

Visual C + + 2010 asking for dll file

I wrote a simple program in C, I compiled the solution, I went to get the exe from the Debug folder, moved away and worked perfectly. I give to my friend and requires a DLL (msvcrt.dll or should be something like what he says). Download the dll and leaves. I did the test with three people, one with Windows XP, Windows Vista and one with a Windows 7-all with the same problem. Here's the code:
    Code:
    # Include <math.h>
     int main ()
     {
         long int x = 5;
         long int y;
         for (;;)
         {
                  y = (x * x - 1) / 2;
                  if (y <0) continue;
                  if ((x * x) == ((y +1) * (y +1) - y * y))
                  printf ("\ n% d% d% d", x, y, (y +1));
                  x + = 2;
                  if (x == 62235) break;
          }
     return 0;
     }
    Apart from the code that may be obscene as you like, where am I wrong?

Re: Visual C + + 2010 asking for dll file

You must not distribute the Debug version of the application, for it is dynamically linked to the CRT debugging (which is not freely available) is not optimized and is particularly large because it contains debug information. When you want to generate the exe to deploy, you have to put the project in release mode, compile and make the executable from the folder Release. Note however that if the project is set to use the DLL version of CRT is necessary, however, that on the PC where you are going to run the program you have installed the redist of VC + + 2010 ( link ) if you want the program to go without additional prerequisites, you must set the properties for the project linking the static version of CRT. The executable of course will increase a little 'in terms of size (CRT is incorporated into the part of the executable used in your program).

All this applies to unmanaged applications, managed applications, however, is of course always necessary that the target machine is installed the appropriate version of .NET Framework. Apart from the DLL speech, I say that this code could be optimized * *, even from a formal point of view: If you are interested I can post the code better. I just noticed that you include the <math.h> then do not use ..

X 3 and the part will increase, but will always be an integer (that is declared int); if you study the function you realize that the minimum is -1 / 2 in fact:
    • For x = 0 -> y = -1 / 2
    • For x = 1 -> y = 0
    • For x = "-> y = 3 / 2
    Ultimately becomes negative y iff x = 0, but in your cycle, the minimum value that x takes is 3. I was having similar issues some days ago, so I thought ... try to remove the line, compile and run ... at some point negative press y and y +1 and then it worked properly. I hope this post will help you.