Thread: "Access denied" error in SQL Server

"Access denied" error in SQL Server

I was using Microsoft SQL server 2000 on my laptop but now I have switched myself to SQL server 2005 because of its new features such as on-line restore of database, fast recovery process, data partitioning etc. when I start the SQL 2005 it gives me an error number 1045 saying that “access denied”. I am unaware of the problem due to which I am getting this error message. I want a solution to troubleshoot this problem so that I can use SQL server 2005 very easily.

Re: "Access denied" error in SQL Server

As Microsoft SQL server 2005 is having more enhanced features than SQL server 2000. While doing the installation of SQL server 2005 you should make sure that there is no firewall running on your system. Also you should open the 3306 port for TCP connection. If the connection to TCP 3306 port is not opened then you need to open the port and then try to connect to the SQL server.

The error of “access denied” might be because a user is trying to connect to the master. When a user is attempting to connect to the master and if error the error message of access denied is displayed it means that he is not properly authenticated. To solve the access denied problem you must contact the master server and get the sufficient privileges to connect to the master server. After you have been granted sufficient privileges you can connect to the master server.

By default SQL server allows connection from the local host and not the actual host. You may specify the below command using SQL wildcard so that a user can connect to the SQL server very easily from anywhere
    Code:
    ‘name @%’
    The keyword ‘name’ specifies that name is the name of the user which can establish connection from anywhere. The access denied password may be because you have entered wrong password, or you have not entered the password where it is not necessary or no password is specified where it is necessary. Be careful while entering the details to connect to the SQL server.

From the above solution I have solved the problem of Access denied and I have successfully connected to the SQL server. I want to create SQL Server Object History but I am unaware of the steps to create it. I need a solution which describes the steps to crate SQL Server Object History successfully.

Creating SQL Server Object History is very easy. You can create SQL Server Object History by following the below steps:
    • Go to Start/ Microsoft SQL Server/ SQL Server Management Studio and then SQL server window will open.
    • Now you need to select the appropriate details such as server name, server type, username and password to connect to the server. After entering the details click on SQL Server Authentication to connect to connect to the SQL server.
    • Click on database in the object explorer panel and it will give you the list of available database. Now you need to right click on the database and select reports. Click on standard report and then select Schema Changes History from the reports. Reports will be displayed once it is retrieved from the server.