Thread: Problem with links in Flash and Dreamweaver

Problem with links in Flash and Dreamweaver

I have just started learning Dreamweaver and I started creating a simple page with some links and upload the stuff that with our old flash animations. Things are going pretty smoothly apart from anything that has to do with Flash. When I insert flash animations, you will get a nice box with an F in the middle. I can also click Play, and it works properly. The problem occurs when I'll get it on the page. Its just blank? I also tried to create a flash button, and it also works fine, but it will be gone and when it will be online (in the preview works both parts excellent). Finally, I wonder if it is a convenient way to arrange colors on the links. I want some of the links to be blue and green before you've pressed them. If one opens in a new tab, it should be purple (also applies when you press on it, and go back to see that "here I have been"). How can it be done without being purple forever after pressing?

Re: Problem with links in Flash and Dreamweaver

When you add a flash element on a page that creates a folder called Scripts. It contains the files needed to play the Flash content. Remember to upload the folder with the rest. It may also be that you have set up the site errors and that the relative position of where the Scripts folder, the HTML and SWF files are not valid on the net. For example, if the HTML file is C:// in front of things you've added so your site is incorrectly configured.

I have already checked precisely, and I am damn sure that all files are uploaded, and things seem to be in the right place. About others in the class I have identical setup and procedure (it was done in about the same time), but it works for most of them. Is there some other things that you can think of apart from this?

1. Do not include spaces in files placed on the net. Rename your .swf file to something without spaces.
    2. You have a slightly strange texture. Think of HTML files as "top". One should never refer to any thing that is OVER these words in folders in a level above. I see among other things, that the Scripts folder are two folders of HTML file. Create a folder for the entire page. To the right is the HTML files in the folder. You can create a folder for graphics, stylesheets. Swf files should be on the same level as the HTML files. In that folder its also where the Scripts folder is created when you insert the flash elements. This means that all elements that are inserted down now lies in the structure, not upward. I would delete what you have done now. Make a proper directory structure and start again. This page is very basic so you should not take more than a few minutes.

Tried to remove all of the spaces now. The structure is certainly strange indeed. This is the result of a couple of hours teaching. Tried to put the Scripts folder under too, without success. Will see if I can layer it again now to get a little beep. Did not know that the Script folder ended up in the same place anyway, and I can not move folders up or down as desired. When I put the HTML files at the top, and then added the stuff, so ended up xx% of the HTML (do not understand why some of it disclosed that so). So everything was just chaos. Has probably done something wrong, but does not quite know what!

You cannot apply an HTML link to a Flash object. However, you can use absolute or relative links. If your flash file and HTML file are in the same directory on your server, you can just put the file name in the get URL section. So if your Link1.swf is in the same directory as mylink.html you can just do a getURL for "mylink.html"