Thread: jasper reports in ireport tool

jasper reports in ireport tool

hi all,

i am having a jrxml file to generate report. where i am using ireport tool to edit it.
    i am having 3reports. report.jrxml, subreport.jrxml, subreport1.jrxml. where report is having subreport and subreport is having one more subreport. when i integrated the code with java and passing the data. i ma getting more blank space between the subreports.

can you please suggest me what are the properties has to be changed for the jrxml files.

Re: jasper reports in ireport tool

I am having some basic knowledge about the iReport. So thought to discuss about it, might be useful for you. iReport is not helpful without a library called JasperReports. This influential library is one of the most advanced reporting engine avalaible to the OpenSource community. Before starting to play with iReport, it's imperative recognize what iReport do and why. In this post I'll explain some basic concepts on how JasperReports works, what iReport do using jasper itself and why it abridge the live of the user. JasperReport works in a way analogous to a compiler and an interpreter. A report coding is designed by the user in XML in agreement to tags and attributes defined in a file which called jasperreports.dtd. The XML source file must be compiled in order to construct a real report. The compiled version of the source is named jasper file (it ends with .jasper). A jasper file is a compiled report source. When we have a jasper file, we require another thing in order to create a report: we need data. This is not always accurate. In some scenario we could want to produce a report that don't shows dynamic data, but i.e. only static text, but this can be reduced to a report that has only an empty record. To contribute these records to the jasper engine we necessitate presenting it using a particular jasperreports explicit interface named JRDataSource.