Thread: How to link access database with VB 6.0 in VB projects.

How to link access database with VB 6.0 in VB projects.

Hey,I have created an Access database in MS Office as back end, and I'd like to be able to write a VB 6.0 as a front-end in my VB 6.0 projects. Does anybody know if you can use VB 6.0 to link to an access database or any other database that can i connect in VB 6.0, and if so, do you know of any step-by-step examples that original like myself could use to learn how to do it? Can you help me out?

Re: How to link access database with VB 6.0 in VB projects.

Since you are using an access database
    Try to use "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Access" (in the Data Link Properties),
    then "Next>>" command button, and in "Enter a server name" you should have somewhat like " Microsoft.Jet. 4.0 OLEDB " (your Access server name) and you also use User name and password, if required. Just to connect your DataEnvironment to your access database. In code in VB 6, to connect to your Access database, you should have a connection string something like:
    Code;
    option explicit
    Dim con as ADODB.Connection
    con.Open ("Provider=Microsoft.Jet. 4.0 OLEDB;Data Source=C:\Program Files\VB projects \School\school.mdb;Persist Security Info=False")

Suppose you are using an SQL Server database
    Try to use "Microsoft SQLOLE DB Provider for SQL Server" (in the Data Link Properties), then "Next>>" command button, and in "Enter a server name" you should have to some extent like " Microsoft. SQLOLEDB " (your SQL Server server name) and you also use Username and password, if essential.
    In code in VB 6, to connect to your SQL Server DB, you should have a connection string, the code as follow:
    Option explicit
    Dim sql1 as string
    Set con = new ADODB.connection
    Con.ConncetingString = Sql1
    Con.CursorLocation = adUseNone

Sql1 = “Provider = Microsoft.SQLOLEDB; Data Source= C:\ Program Files\ My Projectc\ College\ College.mdb; Persist Security Info = False”

Suppose you are using any database server to connect with VB 6.0.
    Try to use "Microsoft DB Provider for database server" (in the Data Link Properties), then "Next>>" command button, and in "Enter a server name" you should have to some extent like "Microsoft. OLEDB " (your desire server name), In code in VB 6, to connect to your DB, you should have a connection string, the code as follow is shown below:
    Option explicit
    Set con = new ADODB.connection
    Con.open “Provider = Microsoft.OLEDB; Data Source= App.path\ College.mdb; Persist Security Info = False”
    Con.CursorLocation = adUseNone