Thread: Need help to php + apache for gaining access to remote postgresql

Need help to php + apache for gaining access to remote postgresql

My goal is to facilitate PHP-based web submission to utilize postgreSQL database. Thus, I endeavor to accumulate Apache, PHP, and postgreSQL utilizing this instruction. I have comprised and been quite victorious so far. On the other hand, the instruction on top of is to facilitate web applications to have right of entry postgreSQL database on the similar apparatus. Apache, PHP, and postgreSQL are certainly accumulate on the similar apparatus. On the other hand, is it probable to compile Apache and PHP to have right of entry postgreSQL database on inaccessible database server. I am thinking regarding the following arrangement. I wonder if such arrangement on top of is probable, for the reason with the intention of commencing what I read commencing the instruction, it seems by means of the intention of PHP requirements convinced postgreSQL libraries to be installed anyhow, in order for the web submission to access postgreSQL database.

Re: Need help to php + apache for gaining access to remote postgresql

Based on the instruction I talk regarding, it seems by means of the intention of I necessitate to accumulate postgreSQL server on the web server anyhow, basically for the reason with the intention of PHP requirements its library. On the other hand, I do not quite similar to the configuration, for the reason with the intention of the postgreSQL server on the web server is unused anyhow; the construction database is the one on the remote database server. On the other hand, if PHP actually requirements postgreSQL libraries to have right of entry a postgreSQL database (inaccessible or otherwise), be able to I immediately compile the postgreSQL client on the web server. Be able to I encompass the following arrangement. Is it probable to do the on top of arrangement. If I compile postgreSQL client, determine to it comprise the libraries necessary by PHP. Is it probable to have encompassed the Apache and PHP to have right of entry remote MySQL database.

You determine to necessitate the libraries no server (tranquil installed) on the web-server. I not be able to speak for RH, additional than in debian based distrust, for occurrence, these packages are minimally split up. If you compile commencing source you are on your individual. Your build determine to result in the server apparatus being built, it's up to you to transform the Makefile so "make instal" merely the libs and headers. Attractive much It's immediately slightly additional manually involved, particularly if you are going to do your to bring up to date physically, too. Not a biggie even though. My acquire on the matter is with the intention of if you are utilizing a distro by means of an elaborate package-maintenance and dependence checking capability you might was well endeavor to stick by means of it.

I have comprised two apparatus. The Postgresql is installed in one apparatus. Apache and php determine to be installed in the additional apparatus. I have comprised and previously installed apache in addition. During installation of php the inaccessible postgresql does not make available its library. I have encompassed and shared the postgresql library. When I accomplish the command: configure prefix=/usr/local/php by means of apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs by means of pgsql=share facilitate track-vars Then I am receiving the subsequent error examination for pg_config. Not originate Configure: error: not be able to locate libpq-fe.h. Give pleasure to identify accurate PostGreSQL installation pathI encompass installed postgresql in one apparatus. Apache has in addition been installed in the additional apparatus. Additional than php necessitate postgresql library sustain or maintain during arrangement. I not be able to remotely have right of entry the postgresql commencing the additional apparatus during configuration.

Even though it has yet to be converted into as popular as it’s most important competitor, MySQL, it is completely ACID accommodating, and proficient to handle together lightweight and multifaceted database submission. For additional regarding PostgreSQL’s characteristic, make sure out this complete register, or its documentation. Previous to installing PostgreSQL, you determine to necessitate to install a package called readline. The easiest method to get it is from side to side the Fink project. The Fink project’s goal is to port open foundation Unix submission to Darwin and Mac OS X, and to create them obtainable from side to side an easy to utilize package manager. To install Fink, go behind these directions. Create certain you have comprised and got the suitable Fink installer for your description of OS X. You be able to install the Fink port of PostgreSQL, additional than a newer and additional stable description of PostgreSQL is obtainable if you install commencing the source files. In view of the information in sequence by means of the intention of the compilation procedure is simple, I have comprised and chosen to install commencing source, utilizing the curl command. The most recent stable version or description (7.4.1, at the time of this writing) is able to be originating at PostgreSQL.org.

The PostgreSQL ships by means of moderately lax have right of entry rules. If you determine to be utilizing your database in production surroundings, or on several kind of shared server, you be supposed to add at smallest amount a basic stage of sanctuary. User verification rules are defined in the file /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf. As position in plain words in the PostgreSQL documentation, you be able to edit this file to password-protect user accounts, revolutionize authentication methods for local and remote connection, and create potential or position out of achievement user right of entry to an assortment of parts of the system. I have comprised and chosen to necessitate passwords for everybody by setting technique to md5 for the entire users. Further, at the same time as I have comprised and given full access to the entire databases to the “postgres” user, I have comprised and set up group-based access for additional users by setting DATABASE to be samegroup for everybody else.