Thread: Not able to get lock on media/.mtab

Not able to get lock on media/.mtab

I am not getting why this communication is coming all the time "not able to open /media/.hal-mtab" at the similar time as endeavoring to "safely eliminate" flash drive. Several explanation I am innovative here and I have comprised my first test for the entire so immediately the additional day I might observe my additional internal hdd in storage media and then afterward I got the famous "Cannot acquire lock on /media/.hal-mtab". I have completed additional than a few things with the intention of I have comprised and found at the same time as browsing additional than nothing is working.

Re: Not able to get lock on media/.mtab

Well, subsequent to a number of research, googling, there I have comprised and got the result. Flash drives are u/mounting appropriately, additional than I do not be familiar by means of precisely what did the trick. The entire my moves were semi chaotic at, I have comprised and uninstalled autofs package (be able to anybody tell me what is it essentially for). I have comprised the commented flash mount position in fstab. I have installed a position together named pmount (in addition interested what is it for. Is it compulsory to encompass been installed)I imagine the tribulations was the uncommented fstab entry (which you supposed you at present commented). If you encompass an uncommented fstab entry, it is pay no attention to HAL and is being physically mounted and not auto mounted. Amount is an additional auto mounting tool utilized via the command-line. It runs by means of WMs/DEs by means of the intention of do not natively sustain or maintain auto mounting via HAL. You be able to safely get rid of amount if you are utilizing KDE, additional than you be supposed to almost certainly reinstall autofs (not entirely certain what this does, additional than I encompass it on my system [it's installed by defaulting I believe] and it give the impression of being similar to it's involved in auto mounting).

Yes I was responsibility a few days ago previous to it went the entire haywire additional than it did not seem similar to it did what it was imaginary to do. I do not imagine the whole thing got fixed. For reminding me regarding by means of the intention of. I determine to give it an additional go and let you be familiar by means of I have been working with Ubuntu on my aspire one in view of the fact with the intention of I got it 6 months ago. It's been quite superior to my even although I have comprised to be considered a Linux. A couple of weeks previously I had purchased two sd-cards to get bigger storage capacity. I popped them in and they worked immediately extremely well.

I have comprised had the similar error communication for days at present and immediately solved it. For me the predicament was essentially a conflict by means of autofs. In auto.master i orientation my /media folder as a mount point. I imagine what was occurring is by means of the intention of autofs manages folders in its mount points and was protecting additional programs (whatever procedure handles mounting usb apparatus) commencing accessing or writting to the media directory. For this reason /media/.hal-mtab might not be changed, and consequently the error communication. My explanation was to basically revolutionize the mount point to point to an additional folder. I predetermined my usb mounting blues by downloading a program commencing the software center and installing it. It worked for me.

I had the identical tribulations after added the user to plugdev, logged them exposed restarted dbus. Then login and endeavor the USB flash drive. The box not be able to be bounced at this time; on the other hand, the restart of dbus + relogin (contain hold) be supposed to have encompassed ensured the innovative groups were picked up) I am experiencing the identical error communication by means of my external HD and second internal HD and additional separation. They were easy to get to at one time, additional than it seems subsequent to I did an install to bring up to date a week or so previously the error began. The merely other out of the normal thing I did previous to the error began was to burn data to a CD. Twist out by means of the intention of there was a conflict by means of path setup in my autofs automounter configs and has been solved.

I am endeavoring to setup this media:/ obsession beneath KDE-3.5.5 (Debian testing).I have comprised the media manager working, and when I plug in my pen-drive I acquire a window (Title: Manage Devices and Plugins). I am completely clueless regarding this What is it for. It include the apparatus name (sda1), and I be able to choose a Plugin commencing a drop-down register {Do not handle, Generic audio player, Music distribution, Apple iPod media apparatus etc.}. It has comprised two buttons [Autodetect Devices] and [Add Device]. Be able to somebody tell what be able to I do by means of this. Anyway, my predicament is not connected to this window, additional than by means of the additional, in which I be able to choose what to do by means of my inserted media. It predictable the Medium type: Unmounted Removable Medium, and I be able to select to "Open in New Window" or "Do Nothing".