Thread: Changing Windows Phone Emulator start up options and executing projects

Changing Windows Phone Emulator start up options and executing projects

I am using the windows phone emulator for a long and creating the codes in that is a hectic process for me and the performance is very slow as it takes more than normal to execute the codes. So, I am looking any procedure by that I can increase the speed of the Emulator execution , one of my college friend told me that there is a procedure in the command prompt by which you can do these but I don’t know about that. So, any suggestion on this issue will help to resolve the given problem.

Re: Chaning Windows Phone Emulator start up options and executing projects

Your friend is right there is a procedure available in the command prompt to resolve these, for that you need to first open the command prompt ion the system and then use the ARMv6 core instead the emulator runs much faster. These will open up the windows phone 7 Emulator in the command prompt and now in these you can compile and execute all the files of the project to get the required solution. After that run the VS2010 projects and run all the file in that and these will work here for sure.

The solution provided by you above does not work for my issue, I have opened up the file in the command prompt and then tried to open the Windows Phone 7 Emulator but the Emulator does not opened up and provided a number of the errors. At last it terminated the program and then closed the command prompt by itself; I have tried this procedure for more than ten times but the result was the same. So, please provide me some alternative methods to resolve this problem any suggestion on the issue will be recommended to fix the problem.

If the Windows Phone 7 Emulator is not working in the command prompt with the ARMv6 core then you can open the VS2010 projects in the Microsoft Visual studio 2010 and execute the program there. The complication and the execution of the program both can be done at the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 screen, you just have to browse the file that you want to execute there in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and your problem will be resolve for sure.

The problem that you have mentioned also occurred due to the problem in the Hardware Virtualization that is present in the BIOS set up which causes these issue. So to resolve the problem first you have to restart the system and then select the BIOS set up and in the BIOS set up you need to select the Hardware Virtualization options. When you reach to the option then turn on the Hardware Virtualization option there and then the Emulator will run much faster than the previous versions, I have tried the same and succeeded in the same. In addition to that if there are other problems related to the Emulator then you can also make changes for the same which is present in the Hardware Virtualization option in the BIOS set up which is the ultimate solution to this problem.

The Windows Phone 7 Emulator that you are using is a older version as it is based upon the x86 (Emulator x86) is quite old and the performance automatically seems to be slower when it is compared to the Advance one and it does not worked very well with the ARMv6 core which is the biggest reason for its slowness. So, to resolve these you have to use other modern Windows Phone Emulators that are available in the market for the same purpose. The alternative for these is the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 which also runs the same programs in a much faster and effective manner so try it and see the difference of the speed there.

There is a recommended method for working with this kind of the Windows phone Emulator which is very slow in the performance by using the Current tools CTP. For these you need to use the back navigation to exit your application that you are currently running but leave the Emulator running. The reason the emulator is so deliberate and slow on start up is that it currently has no constant stock up so it has to run all the way through a full 'clean' boot process every time you discontinue and resume it and if then too the same problem exists then you have to replace the existing Windows Phone 7 Emulator with another one as there may be a problem in the Emulator itself.