Thread: Iphone sdk linux

Iphone sdk linux

I having invested in an iphone, I would now like to enjoy a bit thanks to the software developer kit SDK for Apple's proposed program my own applications. So I was downloading the SDK. Now my concern is I have a dual boot ubuntu, windows xp.
    - Am I obligated to buy mac OSX and install it on my dell vostro 1700 (which is illegal) to take advantage of the sdk?
    - Is there a way to find an image mac os x free test so that I can use it with vmware?
    - Or do I run ac Linux or Windows?

Re: Iphone sdk linux

The iPhone development involves using a SDK (Software Development Kit) logically (commercially speaking) reserved by Apple for Mac owners. PC users are left on the sidelines for now, but that could change. Indeed, it seems thatWindows SDK for iPhone development is being developed. You can follow some information about this product on the developer blog. This SDK is already in the hands of beta testers, but I have not seen any tests or return it.

The least we can say about Apple's policy regarding the development of applications for the iPhone and iPod touch, Apple tries to sell a Mac for all curious who wish to customize their mobile phone at the apple, since its development kit XCODE (iPhone SDK) is available for the OSX (Leopard from 1.5.2 if I'm not mistaken). Basically, users of Linux and Windows are ignored by Apple, which hints at the positive growth in sales of Iphone may be a great influence on the sales of Macs.

To create applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch, Apple provides a free SDK. This kit only works on MacOS X and install applications on a real iPhone requires the acquisition of a developer license from Apple. After several unsuccessful attempts, I finally get a complete development environment that allows me to work with Linux and test my apps directly on my iPod. The procedure described here works correctly with version 2 firmware. It does not work with version 3.0.

It must first download and install the free development kit from Apple. It must then retrieve the file iPhoneOS2.2.sdk (in / Developer / Platforms / iPhoneOS.platform / Developer / SDKs /) and copy it to your Linux PC (eg in / usr / local). Incidentally, one may question the interest of all these maneuvers when already have a Mac with the SDK installed on it. In my case the Mac is in the living room: it is mainly TV, DVD player, Hi-Fi .. For work or tinker, I prefer the PC installed in the room that serves as an office. When you do not have a Mac.