Thread: Best free html editor

Best free html editor

What is the best WYSIWYG HTML editor (for windows) free? I want to find an alternative to Notepad windows which is a very handy tool but heavy for the design and programming (PHP). Dreamweaver 2 is the best? WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get, what you see (on screen) is what you get (on top). There is no poll at the moment because I do not know the current ones.

Re: Best free html editor

I recommend First Page , It is not really WYSIWYG, but how it makes quite a preview service in relation to Notepad. Moreover, unlike Notepad, it has the syntax highlighting (it's still the smallest of things for a specialized editor), but also very useful for menus automatic insertion of tags, create tables, etc.. ..

CoffeeCup Free HTML Editor, If you're not an expert in HTML, CoffeCup HTML Editor lets you create your Web pages in a few moments by doing simple copy / paste. Libraries of background images, buttons, arrows and bullets ... are available. Sources are also Javascript (10 in the freeware version but more than 100 in the version SOFTWARE $ 49).

Noted: This software comes in three versions:
    • a paid version at $ 49 very full with a maximum of scripts and other utilities.
    • a free version for Windows.
    • a free version for Linux.

Can you name publishers of newsletter html type WYSWYG Mac, can also handle the shipment. The tool will be used in association wishing to make a newsletter intended for its members. The person in charge of drafting a few ideas to HTML, but the side WYSWG is paramount. The association has a housing capable of storing images and other doc. A soft even with standard templates could be the case when it also allows the shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by israar View Post
    Can you name publishers of newsletter html type WYSWYG Mac, can also handle the shipment. The tool will be used in association wishing to make a newsletter intended for its members. The person in charge of drafting a few ideas to HTML, but the side WYSWG is paramount. The association has a housing capable of storing images and other doc. A soft even with standard templates could be the case when it also allows the shipment.
    You use iMailist which is super simple because it only import email addresses and pages to send. Pages to send can be hosted on your server as HTML. A software that you can find on this page to create the appropriate body of the messag, If not for Newsletter, it seems that the free version limited to 50 contacts lists maximum per item. Anyway, it's not a problem because many mail servers have spam filters that prevent the transmission of mass in place to pay their mailing service.

I use free HTML/PHP/CSS editor Codelobster PHP Edition.
    It works best for me.